Stephenie Meyer

Stephenie Meyer Born December 24, 1973 in Hartford, Connecticut, Stephenie Morgan Meyer grew up in Phoenix, Arizona where she still resides with her husband and three children. She met her husband for the first time during church activities at age four, but refused to talk to him until 16 years later. Once they began talking, it only took 9 months for her and Christian “Pancho” to get married in 1994.

Looking at other parts of her life it is revealed that she attended Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. When she graduated she received a National Merit Scholarship which she used to pay her way into Brigham Young University located in Provo, Utah. Receiving her B.A. in English in the year of 1995 she continued to read and write while planning for her family.

Living a Mormon life, Stephenie Meyer has managed to become one of the world’s most known authors. Starting in 2005 with her first book Twilight, she has built her career continuing with New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. Most widely known by teenagers, this series focuses on the life of Bella Swan, while she falls in love with Edward Cullen - a ‘vegetarian’ vampire. Starting with a dream she had about a girl talking with a beautiful man glittering in the sunlight, the Twilight series has been translated into many languages including Spanish, German, and French. All together this series has sold over 5.3 million copies worldwide.

When being asked why the vampires she has created don’t drink human blood, she responds with saying, “I really think that's the underlying metaphor of my vampires", she says. "It doesn't matter where you're stuck in life or what you think you have to do; you can always choose something else. There's always a different path". True to this statement, all of the Cullens do anything it takes to resist drinking human blood - a thing that takes great strength.

Other works written by Meyer include The Host, a novel set in the future of Earth after it has been taken over by alien- type beings. This story focuses on the life of Wanda after being planted in the human body of Melanie, who refuses to disappear forever. A short story she has written is also featured in the book Prom Nights from Hell, which contains stories from five authors dealing with prom nights that have been overrun by the supernatural.

Stephenie Meyer has many more book planned for the future that she hopes she will be able to write. A range from mystical creatures and mysteries, Meyer has stated that "I rarely write about just humans, you can get humans anywhere". How true this statement is yet to be discovered, for who knows what twists and turns she will put in her future book? Will there by mystical creatures in every book? Or just in some? The future will decided the answers to these questions, but for now, readers will have to be satisfied with her current works, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and The Host.

Latest articles