Stephenie Meyer - Comments

  • Stephenie Meyer is an great author, and the Twilight series is okay, but nothing to go completely crazy over.

    The series, in my opinion (obviously), is something someone would read in desperation if they had nothing else to read. It's nothing to read over and over and over again everytime you finish it.

    The Host is quite a bit better than the Twilight series, I would have to say. And I wouldn't mind reading that every now and again.
    March 9th, 2009 at 10:52pm
  • Mkay, so some people who are being meany head, who actually give a reason: okay cool you don't like it fine. people who are just "She sucks. Ewww" well, give reason, K? i like her. i love Twilight
    October 12th, 2008 at 02:17am
  • Honestly, I don't see why people think she's so great. I'm an author, and even though I'm just a teen, I can tell that her work books are full of clichés; EVERYWHERE. She uses adjectives alllll the time. When you have clarified that one of your characters is real strong (Edward) or cold, you do not need to CONTINUOUSLY say, "His cold touch." or "His hard chest." ect.. it's annoying.

    And the characters have barely an depth.. Isabella mindlessly does what Edward says without thinking for herself. Okay, honestly, in the beginning of Twilight, I felt like I could relate to her, but towards the end of the book and the others, she just became this zombie for Edward.. it was real sad imo.

    I just think it's silly how all these people like the books. The only reason I can think someone would even enjoy these books would be because of how masculine Stephenie depicts Edward.

    The ending to Breaking Dawn was soooo cliché.. no tragedy ever happened in her books. You have to have conflict to have a good story, and don't even say the war with the Volturi was the conflict.. that was so lame.

    On a final note, her putting Midnight Sun on hold just because it got leaked is so childish. It's understandable that she'd be sad, but to punish ALL of her fans like that? It's inconsiderate. She isn't obligated to writing, but the only reason she isn't is because of that.
    September 22nd, 2008 at 02:03am
  • I don't mean this in an offensive way, but Gabe should become a critic (That's probably not how you spell it, but I don't feel like getting my dictionary at the moment). He's quite good at it. =)
    August 29th, 2008 at 02:27am
  • Gabe, marry me?
    Applause is necessary.
    August 28th, 2008 at 04:08am
  • Would it be weird to say that I love you?
    Okay, I understand if it would be, but you're offiically totally awesome in my book because of this!
    XD
    August 28th, 2008 at 02:42am
  • I haven't read the books. I'll just see the movie. LOL, just kidding.
    August 27th, 2008 at 11:11pm
  • Dude, this is like, a completed biography altogether! Thanks so much for the article. Every detail's true, but I was hoping you could linger on with the details about Breaking Dawn and stuff. I finished Breaking Dawn a few weeks ago, and it was good. Stephenie Meyer is a good author, and her creativity and her complex mind... It's hard to believe a human is capable of writing her stories. She's definitely a good writer. She's just legend. Anyways, thanks for this. Best Twilight-related article so far, promise :D
    August 27th, 2008 at 06:42am
  • Before i actually comment, i'd just like to say something to all the righteous fans out there who've taken it upon themselves to launch what is practically a Jihad against me , or others with similar opinions, for criticising either the style, content or both of articles pertaining to Twilight, Harry Potter and Jonas Brothers.

    Guys. Seriously.
    The next person who tells me to 'just not read it if you don't like it', 'keep my snide comments to myself', or perhaps the most ironic of all, 'Everyones allowed to have their own opinions so shudup', will be comment raped so hard and fast their comment box will have blood stains.
    I'm quite serious.

    Now where was i...
    Stephenie Meyer reminds me of.. The Monkeys..
    Sure, their music was sort of catchy, and every 12 year old girl who was anyone had a lunch box bearing their strangely appealing visages, but, under any close scrutiny, they were revealed to contain very little substance.

    Another similar comparison would be Fairy Floss.

    If we were to draw a Healthy Reading Pyramid (similar, but not identical, to a Healthy Food Pyramid), with solid, unarguable Genius down the bottom, Jane Austen in the middle and Mills and Boon at the pointy end, Stephenie Meyer would be in the Occasional Foods group (coinciding roughly with Fairy Floss).

    So sure, i respect Stephenie Meyer, not for her literary ability, but for the fact that shes managed to fleece thousands of dollars off unsuspecting, pre-pubescent girls.

    Gabe, with love
    August 26th, 2008 at 11:10am
  • It's just a bad book...
    August 26th, 2008 at 02:45am
  • I don't see what's the hype about her. Why is she so great?

    I don't see anything to brag about with Twilight, either...

    But that's just me.
    August 26th, 2008 at 01:25am
  • I agree with christy chapman. =)
    Thank you Imaginary Grace. =)
    August 25th, 2008 at 11:35pm
  • She's an amazing author, but maybe not the best out there.
    And honestly, The Host is so much better than the Twilight series, but just by a little bit.
    August 25th, 2008 at 08:47pm
  • I personally, think Stephanie is an outstanding author, I'll admit, i'm not into 'mythical books' not even Harry Potter, but when i picked up Twlight, it just pulled me in, i stayed up all night long on a friday in the summer just to read the first book! I will always support Stephanie she is very talented!
    August 25th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • I like Stephenie Meyer. I mean, she's not the best author in the world, but she's also not the worst. So...
    I liked the first three books of the Twilight series, but the last one wasn't that great in my opinion.

    This was a well-written article, and I appreciate someone sharing their opinions.
    I don't know why people get so worked up over this series and the author. It's just a [b]book.[/b]

    And to those people who say, "[i]I'm tired of reading articles about Stephenie Meyer...her books suck.[/i] Well, guess what? A lot of people are tired of reading [i]your[/i] complaints about the book. If you don't like them or the author then stop reading about it. Just leave everyone who does like the series alone. Everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to share those opinions, so just drop it.
    August 25th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • I don't think she's a genius, and I don't like her Twilight series..
    It's kind of difficult for me to follow a story where vampires 'glitter in the sun' especially when they turn to ash at the sight of it..but that's me.

    But every author starts off kindof mediocre, and I'm pretty sure Meyer will turn into something absolutly amazing within the next few books of hers...
    Or maybe her next book might be the best thing ever. But it is just my opinion.
    August 25th, 2008 at 07:57pm
  • It's an author. Who wrote a book. There is no need to get obsessed over hating or loving her. It's your own opinion, and I'm all for sharing opinion, but these comments have turned into a discussion not even on the basis of this article! It was meant to inform people about Stephenie Meyer. Yes, most everybody likes her books or has read them because their popular, but I started reading them in 2006. Yes, there are better vampire stories out there, but you can't shoot down an author just because you don't like one series by them. For example, I didn't really like L.J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries, but I loved some of her other books. Seriously people, get a grip on your obsession of hating her.

    And I agree with SlyGirl96- I liked the series up until the third book, because I thought it wasn't that great. Then Breaking Dawn came out, and I hated that book.
    August 25th, 2008 at 12:13pm
  • Okay so I am one of those girls who LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the Twilight series.... BUT after Breaking Dawn.... That book SUCKED!!!!!
    =) *smiling sweetly* thats all i've got to say......
    August 25th, 2008 at 09:46am
  • To a lot of users below: don't post hateful comments. :D
    August 25th, 2008 at 05:55am
  • My opinion is chageale. If you give me facts. Insted of justsaying "Here books are great!" Prove it to me.
    August 25th, 2008 at 05:42am