A Look Inside the Rev's Life, Before the Afterlife. - Comments

  • I love this article so much. It really touched my heart :) <3 Thank you so much for writing this.
    April 8th, 2011 at 02:22am
  • I still remember wend i discover the rev death i was in deathbat new checking what new wend i sod something of the rev i click it and it said he pass away at first i dint wanna believe it i trough it was a prank or something wend i got to twitter i sod the trending topic saying #RIPTheRev i got speechless that he was really dead... R.I.P. Jimmy
    August 8th, 2010 at 05:25pm
  • You did an awesome job on this article!
    It made me tear up a bit.
    I'm so glad someone decided to write something about him, as an update sort of thing.
    I can't stand to hear someone talk about how he deserved to die.
    I punched whoever said that in the face. :)
    August 7th, 2010 at 11:25pm
  • It's very evident that this was written by someone who idolized Jimmy, and the tone you used to write the article was one of the best features of the article. It's very endearing and positively impacts the article. Your title was another strong point, much more creative than saying "A Biography of Jimmy Sullivan." Great job on the in- text citations and links as well, it makes your article very credible. The only area I can see room for improvement is that towards the end of the article, it begins to read as more of a journal than an article, which is probably due to the fact that he's your hero and it's hard not to sound like that. Great job, and thanks for entering the contest!
    July 28th, 2010 at 12:57am
  • Great job with this article! I remember I was on the computer at about two in the morning when the words "Avenged Sevenfold" popped up in my news feed. Because they really aren't talked about in the media that much, I found it weird that they were suddenly reporting them, and actually got kind of excited at first that my favorite band was getting some attention, but I just had a feeling deep down it couldn't be good. When I clicked on the article, though, I just went into shock when I read Jimmy had passed away. I just sat there for about an hour verifying it from other sources on the web, before I just burst into tears. I never thought I'd have to deal with the loss of such an important celebrity figure this early in my life. I mean, I genuinely felt like I'd lost a close friend. He was just such a wonderful and talented person, and it still seems so surreal to think he's gone.

    R.I.P. Rev :(
    July 26th, 2010 at 12:14am
  • This article is simply wonderful. You did an amazing job portraying who he was, and what he did.

    When he died, it felt like I lost one of my close friends. I cried, a LOT. I've never even met him either. It hurt SO bad. I still can't believe he is gone, this amazing being, at age 28.

    R.I.P Jimmy foREVer <3
    July 18th, 2010 at 06:52pm
  • I loved the article, very well written and thought out.
    July 18th, 2010 at 01:56am
  • Wow... Excellently written!!! I love the article. I'm really not sure what else to say besides, "Excellent!!"

    -[b]T.Strange[/b]-
    July 17th, 2010 at 07:53pm
  • This article is a piece of work. You've truly done a wonderful job.
    I cried, too, when I heard of Jimmy's passing. One of my friends and I sat in first block Phys. Ed. and cried our eyes out the day after we found out. It really did hurt, knowing that a part of what I think would eventually become one of the greatest hard rock bands to ever walk the planet was . . . gone.
    I commend you for such an outstanding job. Even though it was what I expected, though not really hoping, it's just good to have . . . . some closure, I guess.

    - Lucy Ana.
    July 17th, 2010 at 03:19am
  • I read that and honestly teared up. That was extremely well written and moved me. The Rev was by far my favorite member of Avenged Sevenfold. He will always be remembered and revered.

    R.I.P Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
    July 17th, 2010 at 01:36am
  • I don't even know what to say.
    So very well-written that it made me tear up.
    I cried when I heard he had passed away too.

    It was four in the morning when I saw the article here on Mibba saying he had died. One of my friends was spending the night at my house, and she didn't understand. I cried for quite some time.

    You'll be in our hearts foREVer, Jimmy. R.I.P. <3
    July 16th, 2010 at 10:19pm
  • This is EXTREMELY well written.

    And it's nice to see a look into his life even before he became such an OUTSTANDING person and an artist.

    His death will always be mourned.
    July 16th, 2010 at 08:21pm
  • This is an amazing article. Very well written. I've never met him either and when I found out he died I cried for a couple hours as well.

    The world lost an excellent drummer that day.
    July 16th, 2010 at 04:43am
  • I've never met him either, but he felt like a brother in some ways to me. Like the older person I could look up to and just be silly with. I cried all night when I got the twitter update and at first, I didn't want to believe it was real. I wouldn't believe it was real. I was waiting from him to come back and go "Oh hey guys! Just kiddding!"

    But he didn't. Then I realized he was really gone.

    Beautifully written might I add. And I'm not meaning to do shameless self promotion, but this is my way of helping others out in a time like this. I wrote a story called Four Become One. It will make you cry and smile and remember him, if you're interested. It's helped a lot of people so far.

    Love,
    Hannah
    July 15th, 2010 at 04:53pm
  • I want to say...
    Thank you for writing this, it was very well done and well I have something to say to you...
    DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME CRYING! :'(
    I couldn't help but agree with the whole being torn apart over Jimmy even if you didn't know him <3
    July 15th, 2010 at 06:47am
  • I remember I was on Mibba in May, and then it suddenly occured to me that the Rev had died exactly half a year earlier. Love the article, very heartfelt
    July 15th, 2010 at 04:24am
  • This was an amazing article.
    Left me speechless.
    July 15th, 2010 at 04:14am
  • This article made me remember the day I found out he died. Just like you, I cried for hours, and I have never met him or even seen them live. Every time I listen to him sing or hear the songs he wrote I just think, "God, why?" The world in general will never be the same without him. Amazing article.

    R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
    FoREVer in our hearts.

    ~ Katelyn
    July 15th, 2010 at 03:11am
  • Very good work :) I got sentimental just reading this.
    July 15th, 2010 at 12:06am
  • I got teary reading this. It was a great article. Being a teenager whos never met him like you i still can't help but tear up. The first time I watched an a7x dvd after his death I cried
    July 14th, 2010 at 08:56pm