The King of Hip-Hop

Eminem. Whether you love him or hate him, everyone knows the name of this rapper from around the globe. He has been declared by Rolling Stone the King of Hip-Hop, and has been marked number 82 out of One Hundred Greatest Artists of All Time. He is world renown and has 10 number one albums as well as 200 million albums sold worldwide.

Pretty impressive for anyone, but as a matter-of-fact, Eminem was just a common no one when he made his start. Raised solely by his mother, the family moved around many times in his younger years. Though starting off from humble and poor beginnings, Eminem began his career back in 1992 when he signed to FBT productions, and since then he has been making music and continuing to be an inspiration for many.

Eminem isn’t like most of the celebrities of Hollywood; this guy has guts. He speaks his mind when he sees it fit, which sometimes leads to controversy and public ridicule, but that doesn’t stop the King of Hip-Hop from saying what he needs to. He’s been through hardships, and has inspired many young people to see their way through hardships as he did and to hope for a tomorrow. He has founded the Marshall Mathers Foundation for disadvantaged youth. He continues on his legacy onto this day, continuing to inspire others.

Latest articles