David Tennant

David Tennant is perhaps most known to the world as the tenth incarnation of The Doctor on the BBC produced science fiction programme Doctor Who. He played the role from 2005 to 2010, his final episode being aired in January 2010.

Between 2006 and 2007, Tennant won the TV Quick and TV Choice Award twice, the National Television Award and the Welsh BAFTAs for Best Actor, as well as the Constellation Awards for the Best Male Performance in a 2006 Science Fiction Television Episode, all from his work in Doctor Who. Again in 2008 he won awards for his role as The Doctor, one award being the National Television Award for Outstanding Drama Performance. In 2010 he won two more awards for his role in the science fiction programme.

Tennant was a fan of Doctor Who when he was a child which was why he pursued a career in acting. Fans of Harry Potter would recognise Tennant as Barty Crouch Jr. in the 2005's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire film. He also starred in St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold as the antagonist Sir Piers Pomfrey.

He also was a part of the Royal Shakespeare Company and played the role of Hamlet between August and November in 2008. He also played the role of Berowne in Love's Labours Lost during the same year.

In December of 2011, Tennant and Georgia Moffett (best known as the Doctor's daughter Jenny and as Abigail, DI Samantha Nixon's daughter in the British television police procedural programme The Bill) married. In March 2011, their daughter was born and then in September 2011, Tennant adopted Moffett's son. Neither speaks about their marriage or personal lives in interviews. He is currently 41 years of age.

Latest articles