B.A.P

B.A.P (Best Absolute Perfect) is a six-member South Korean boyband group that debuted on January 26th of 2012 with their song, "Warrior" formed under TS Entertainment.

Members

Bang Yongguk, leader of B.A.P, was born on March 31, 1990. He is normally known as Yongguk or simply, Bang. He was part of an underground hip-hop group known as Soul Connection in 2007. He also featured in "Going Crazy" by Song Jieun

Prior to B.A.P's debut, TS Entertainment formed a sub-unit for the group called Bang&Zelo where Yongguk and young member Choi Junhong released their single "Never Give Up" in November of 2011.

Kim Himchan is a sub-vocalist for B.A.P who was born on April 19, 1990. He was born in Seoul, South Korea and graduated from high school with full scholarship by seventeen.

Jung Daehyun was born on June 28, 1993 and is a lead vocalist. He was born in Gwanju, South Korea before moving to Busan. He was also the last member to join B.A.P

Yoo Youngjae was born on January 24, 1994 Uijeongbu, South Korea and is also a lead vocalist. He had placed first as a trainee in JYP but after a year of training, contacted TS when realizing that he wasn't able to debut.

Moon Jongup was born on February 6, 1995 in Seongnam, South Korea and is the main dancer.

Choi Junhong, better known as Zelo, was born on October 15, 1996 in Mokpo, South Korea. He is also the lead rapper and youngest member of the group. His stage name was derived from Greek mythology explaining his dedication and hard-working skills within B.A.P.

2011: Predebut

B.A.P was initially formed and began to promote in the late months of 2011. Leader Yongguk signed onto TS and was featured in "Going Crazy" and also, in August 1st of that year, had a solo debut with B2ST's Yang Yoseob with the single "I Remember".

Himchan was the second member of B.A.P to be introduced to the public as an MC for a music show. Following up, Zelo was the third member who was publicly introduced on November 23rd and, with Yongguk, created the sub-unit and released "Never Give Up" as Bang&Zelo.

2012: Warrior, Power, No Mercy, Crash, & Stop It

Fun fact: In January of 2012, the group starred in a televised reality show called "Ta-Dah, it's B.A.P" which had the six members playing aliens that invade Earth to save their dying planet, Mato.

January 25th was when their single, "Warrior" was released. With the public replaying this music video, critics had labeled the group as more than just a K-Pop boyband with charm, seeing to it that they were dominating and had the powerful effect throughout the video as well as the bad boy image. February 3rd, B.A.P topped the billboards at #10 and sold over 10,000 copies within two days of release.

In March, a follow up song, "Secret Love" was released and TS had stated to the public that B.A.P would make another comeback on April 27th, which was the release of their "Power" single. When released, the album sold out with over 30,000 copies and topped the billboards once more at #10.

In July, B.A.P released their first mini album, No Mercy and in August, with the repackaged version, Crash. Finishing the year in October, they had released a third single, "Stop It".

2013: Japanese Debut

This year was great for B.A.P as they had released their Badman EP as well as two other promotional singles, "Coffee Shop" and "Hurricane". In May, they were signed by a Japanese record label that pushed them into recently releasing the second music video's for "One Shot" and "Warrior".

Latest articles