VIXX

VIXX (Voice, Visual, Value in Excelsis) is a six member South Korean boyband signed under Jellyfish Entertainment. They all participated in MNet's reality show Mydol where they were chosen through an elimination system based on a voting by fans (called Starlights). There were 6 out of 10 members that were participating on Mydol. Soon after, the group debuted in 2012.

Members

Cha Hak Yeon, otherwise known as N, is the leader of VIXX. Born on June 30th, 1990, he is 23 years old and has the position of the main dancer and lead vocals. He appeared in Brian Joo's "Let This Die" MV along with bandmates Leo and Ravi. N contributed to the choreography for Otakon's Performance "Starlight" and is said to want to pursue an acting career.

Jung Taek Woon, "Leo", was born on November 10, 1990, leaving him at a 23 years and VIXX's main vocalist. He is said to have the "poker face" of the group. Leo is sometimes known to avoid camera's on reality shows that he and his members are made to attend and though he looks and seems to be cold and uncaring, he's truly touched by his fans, being rather grateful for them.

Leo had received his stage name by the CEO of his company who stated that he resembles a lion. He had trained as a trainee for three years before debuting and said that if he wasn't a singer, he would have become an athlete or composer.

Lee Jae Hwan, "Ken", was born on the 6th of April 1992, leaving him at 21 years of age. He is also a main vocalist and is the most outgoing member of VIXX, being very comical and the mood maker of the group itself.

He also recieved his stage name by the company CEO who stated that he resembled a Japanese actor, Hirai Ken.

Kim Won Shik, "Ravi", was born on February 15th, 1993, leaving him at 20 years of age and the position of lead dancer and main rapper. He gave himself his stage name, "Ravi" because it means charming and enchanting.

With his spare time he composes music and tries his best to improve his flaws and imperfections while dealing with rap and his position in VIXX.

Han Sanghyuk, Hyuk, is the youngest member of the group, coming in at 18 years of age. He was born on July 5th, 1995 and is the lead dancer and vocalist.

It was said that Hyuk almost quit the group because he was awkward and intimidated around band member Leo. He was also chosen as the last candidate to join VIXX because he showed extreme improvement.

The time in which he was a trainee for VIXX and joining the group itself, it was hard for him to establish a strong friendship with the members at first and took a while for him to become comfortable around.

Lee Hongbin, Hongbin, born on the 29th of September, 1993, is the main vocalist and lead rapper passing the age of 20. His idol is Park Hyo Shin who is also a member of Jellyfish Entertainment, another reason as to why he wanted to join.

If he weren't an idol, his alternative career path would be a veterinarian.

2012: Superhero, Rock Ur Body + Jellyfish Christmas 2012 Heart Project

VIXX debuted on May 24th with "Superhero" on M! Countdown and had their first performance overseas at the Otakon convention in Baltimore on July 27th. August 14th, their second album single, "Rock Ur Body" was released.

The group also made an appearance at KCON 2012 on October 13th where they held a fansigning event as well as performed "Rock Ur Body" and "Superhero" at the Verizon Ampitheater for the closing concert.

Jellyfish Entertainment also included VIXX in their winter project (Jellyfish Christmas 2012 Heart Project) with labelmate Lee Seok Hoon, Park Hyo Shin, Seo In-guk, and Sung Shi Kyung and, of course, the project was dealt as a Christmas present to fans with the title track "Because it's Christmas" released digitally.

2013: On and On, Hyde, Jekyll, Milky Way Global Showcase, Voodoo

On January 3rd, leader N confused and worried fans with a few of his tweets that stated how he doesn't "...want to be a leader..." and has to worry about cameras, managers, and the ability to not date. Yet on January 6th, fans understood leader N's distress tweets as VIXX released the 3rd single, "Don't Want to be an Idol" while their third single album launched on January 17th I'm Ready to Get Hurt (On and On).

May 13th was the release of teaser images for VIXX's mini-album Hyde followed by a guerilla fan meeting on May 21st held in Seoul for 500 people. Teaser images also released on July 25h for Jekyll which was a repackaged album. Title song "G.R.8.U / You Are Impressive" released on July 31st which debuted as #1 on the music charts.

Following this, VIXX released the news of their first global showcase, The Milky Way, through a two month process in October and November. After finishing the global showcase, VIXX pre-released a track for "Only U" for their up-coming, full length album Voodoo. Title song, "Voodoo Doll" released on November 25th and on December 6th, caught the spotlight on Music Bank with "Voodoo Doll's" performance which was the first they won since their debut.

Latest articles