Cage the Elephant

Cage the Elephant is an indie/alternative rock band from Bowling Green, Kentucky that started in 2006 and is still active today. Their debut self-titled album came out in 2008, with the song Ain't No Rest for the Wicked being the first single and Back Against the Wall being the less-popular second one. Both songs were on top 200 charts in The US and UK.

The band's second album, Thank You, Happy Birthday, peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 200, with the songs Shake Me Down and Aberdeen being the most popular tracks on the album. Shake Me Down was the only one to hit the top 200 charts in the US and UK.

In October of 2013, the band released their newest album Melophobia, which many people are saying is their best yet. My favorite track on the album is Come a Little Closer (the album's first single), but many other people say the first track--Spiderhead, the album's second single--is the best.

The frontman of the band, Matthew Shultz, is a very energetic performer. He is noted to cross-dress and flash the audience during shows and crowd-surf on some occasions. Matt's brother, Brad Shultz, plays the rhythm guitar; Daniel Tichenor plays the bass guitar and sings the backup vocals; and Jared Champion plays the drums and percussion instruments. The lead guitar player, Lincoln Parish, left the band in 2013 and a replacement has yet to be announced. The band is currently on a small international tour, playing in cities like Las Vegas and London. You can see more locations at the band's website here.

Latest articles