The Infamous Stan Lee

Stanley Martin Lieber, better known by his penname, Stan Lee, is one of the genius creators of the Marvel comics. Stan Lee is the creative mind responsible for Hulk, the X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four.

Stan Lee first noticed his love of writing at a very young age. He grew up during the Great Depression, in a time when everyone was so poor the only thing they owned was their thoughts. Lee was able to find hope in a time when there was none, through his writing and parents who supported him.

His career as a comic book artist began at 16 when he became an assistant at a popular comic book company. He started out fetching lunch, making sure the writers had ink, and doing a small bit of proofreading, but he was thankful for the job, and it soon turned into a career.

Stan Lee is credited with being one of the first comic book artists to stray from the typical hero archetype and give his heroes notable flaws, such as the Hulk’s angry side and Iron Man’s sarcastic attitude. This makes Lee stand out as an artist, giving all of his readers something to strive for.

Stan Lee is still alive and well at the ripe old age of 89. He even makes the occasional cameo appearance in his favorite movies inspired by the comics he created.

Latest articles