Headless Henchman - Hitler's New Look?

Headless Henchman - Hitler's New Look? BERLIN, Germany - This Saturday seemed like it was going to be another exciting day for Berlin's Madame Tussuad's wax museum, but nobody had a clue how exciting it could get.

That is, until a 41-year-old man ran into the building on a mission, a protest. He went straight to the wax figure of Adolf Hitler, which portrayed the Nazi Dictator at his desk shortly before he committed suicide.

The guard and the manager tried to stop the man from hurting the wax effigy, but the man was persistent, and proceeded in ripping off Hitler's head. The 41-year-old was arrested and is currently in custody. He told the officers that he wanted to protest the figure being included in the museum, Uwe Kozelnik told CNN. Museum official Nathalie Ruoss said organizers would decide Monday what to do about the figure.

Police said that the man is currently being held for causing damages and bodily harm to the museum manager - who had an injured leg - but would probably be released later today. It's a matter of opinion if what the man did was justified. The museum had been receiving criticism from the German press for the past few weeks, but arguments have been made against this. It has been stated that although Hitler did many horrible things, he's a part of our history and we can't ignore that.

So it's your decision - was the man opinionated, or just obnoxious? Either way, you can't deny the fact he stood up for his beliefs, no matter the consequence. Could have it been dealt with in a more peaceful manner? Possibly, but there's no denying the fact that the man got his opinion across.

Latest articles