Bug Revenge

Bug Revenge Isial Vidal Maceda, residing in New Jersey, demolished 80% of his condo. Trying to get rid of bugs, he was spraying the apartment and accidentally blew it up.

“A New Jersey man trying to exterminate insects in his apartment blew it up instead“, the New York Daily News reported on Monday.

According to the Eatontown, New Jersey police, the jinxed Mexican wasn't hurt in the explosion. While spraying for bugs in the kitchen, the spray „ignited a blast that blew out the apartment’s front windows and triggered a fire that quickly spread“.

Eventhough it seems like a silly joke played on All Fool's Day, a similar and overly bizarre occurance happened 5 years ago. In December 2003, a householder on a quest to get rid of bugs, lost her home.

“Everything might have turned out well in spite of the excess had the pilot light in a water heater not ignited the fumes concentrated in this small space. The resulting explosion blew apart the structure and hurled Christmas decorations into the street, strewed shards of glass (from broken windows) and nails (from torn walls) like shrapnel, blew the back door off its hinges, ripped gaping holes in the ceiling, spread insulation over the yard like confetti, and crashed the south wall of the house into the side of the home next door“.

Luckily, no one was hurt but the demage was more than $150,000.

The labels state that the bug sprays shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight or used in a heated space nor mixed with other dangerous chemicals. Is it even worth to say that Maceda's apartment has been certified bugs free since the explosion?

Latest articles