Grandmother Drives With Child On Car Roof

Grandmother Drives With Child On Car Roof A grocery store parking lot is not somewhere you typically go when seeking excitement. You'll see parked cars, store carts and sales ads blowing through the wind - however you would not anticipate seeing a car zoom by with a three-year-old child perched on the roof.

As you can imagine, shoppers were quite shocked when they witnessed just that in a Publix grocery store parking lot in the town of Marathon, Florida on Tuesday. Concerned bystanders quickly called authorities, who then proceeded to arrest the 54-year-old grandmother and remove the child from her custody.

After being arrested, the grandmother made several statements during her questioning. She claimed she was driving at a "snail speed," and she was also holding tightly on to the child's leg. She said she would never let anything hurt her granddaughter, and she also told authorities she was just letting her granddaughter "have some fun" and "get some air."

The child is currently back with her mother, and after being held for 15 hours her grandmother has been released from police custody. Her grandmother still faces charges of child abuse and child endangerment. She has yet to have her court hearing.

Latest articles