Boy of 15 Reported Missing.. Over an Xbox?

Boy of 15 Reported Missing.. Over an Xbox? At one point in our lives, we've all threatened to run away because of something our parents did. Fights with your parents in your younger years commonly include the phrase "Well, since I can't have my gameboy, I'm running away!!" followed by flopping down on the floor in hysterical tears. These fits usually only last a few minutes, but one kid took it seriously.

Brandon Crisp, age 15, was that kid. Brandon had been stealing money from his parents, ignoring his studies, and skipping school entirely, just to stay home and play "Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare" online. His dad had just started noticing these changes, and took away his Xbox immediately, fearing that Brandon would become addicted. Steve Crisp, said he had not known how important the XBox was to his son, and didn't know how harshly Brandon would react to the punishment.

"This had become his identity, and I didn't realize how in-depth this was until I took his Xbox away," The father, Steve Crisp told the Globe and Mail. "That's like cutting his legs off."

Brandon was reported missing on October 13 (Canadian Thanksgiving). He was last seen on his bike, riding eastward along old train tracks in his hometown, Barrie, Ontario, and hasn't been seen since. The local newspaper, the families internet provider, and Childfind all offered up a reward of 25,000 Canadian dollars [19, 500 U.S] for any info leading to his safe return. Microsoft also offered up a second 25 thousand in hopes of speeding Brandon's return.

Numerous searches have not turned up any clues outside of the boys' bike, which had a flat tire when found. On Sunday, October 16th, police and 1,600 volunteers gave up their search.

Brandons' father says that he only wants his son to come home.

Latest articles