The Young And The Cruel.

The Young And The Cruel. The ten year old, whose name remains unknown, was attacked by the four prep students at the Heidelberg Primary School in North-Melbourne on Wednesday. It is believed the prep students continued to assault the boy as he lay helpless on the ground.

Education Department director Bruce Armstrong stated that the prep students wrestled the boy to the ground where he is believed to have hit his head. The boy is also reported to have lost consciousness at some stage.

Though coined as 'a rare and isolated incident' it still left many teachers and parents in shock.

Victorian Premier, John Brumby stated: "If you respect other people, if you respect your classmates, you don't go around hitting them at school, it doesn't matter whether they're prep kids, it doesn't matter whether they're older kids.

"We need to get on top of this issue. It's thankfully, I think, a very isolated issue, the bulk of our schools are very good ... and you don't see this sort of incident."

The ten year old received treatment in hospital before returning to school. Both the boy and his parents are receiving counseling. All those suspected of taking part in the incident were suspended. A full report by school officials will be carried out.

Latest articles