Super Spud!

Super Spud! Ever dream of eating a giant baked potato? Well, try this one on for size! A giant potato was grown in Lebanon, weighing a humongous 24.9 pounds! [11.29 kilograms] Thats bigger than two-three newborn babies!

Khalil Semhat, the cultivator of this spud, has been working the land since he was a young boy, and has never seen anything like it. The potato was grown with no chemicals, making it totally safe to ear, and the 56 -year -old had to find a friend to help him pull the huge tuber out of the ground. Semhat plans on submitting his potato to the Guinness Book Of World Records for inclusion in the 2010 book. He was very proud to have such a feat preformed on his farm, which took a hardship in 2006 in the Hezbollah movement. The current record for such a potato is about 7.05 pounds, making this super-sized spud a sure fire winner for inclusion in the Guiness Book. This spud isn't to be confused with the worlds largest potato chip which measures 25 by 14 inches and weighs 5.4 oz. It contains 920 calories, the equivalent of 80 regular Pringle's potato crisps.

Want to make your own world record? Visit the Official Guiness Book Website for more details!

Latest articles