Explosive Roofing Job

Explosive Roofing Job A few unfortunate roofers working out of Texas City, Texas, happened across an extremely odd find recently. The construction crew had been assembled to work on an old house that had sustained severe damaged during hurricane Ike which had struck Texas in the previous year. While deconstructing the damaged roof however they found something incredibly unique.

Hidden in the attic of the old house a roofer from the construction crew happened across a grenade. At first he suspected it was a replica or toy but after a quick inspection the roofer discovered that the sinister device truly was a grenade, still lethal after years sitting forsaken and hidden away in the house's attic.

The roofer quickly alerted others working on the house and everyone was immediately evacuated from the site for safety while the proper authorities were contacted. FBI bomb technicians were quickly contacted by the local police, and soon arrived on the scene to dismantle the device.

Upon their arrival it was discovered that the grenade was a World-War II issue grenade, still quite powerful and volatile, even after several years. The FBI bomb technicians took the grenade to a safe location and promptly detonated it, revealing it's still explosive power.

The house containing the grenade was purchased Doug Johnson in 1992 He had no prior knowledge of the explosive that had been lying in wait in his attic and counted himself lucky that it had not been activated by accident during hurricane Ike or otherwise, and that the device had no damaged his house even more then it had been then the hurricane.

After speaking with the owners officials decided that it was likely that the weapon had been left in the house by a previous owner, as the residence is over fifty years old.

Latest articles