Urban Legend Came True: Frog In Diet Pepsi

Urban Legend Came True: Frog In Diet Pepsi A nice sunset turned into a nightmare. Grilling outside and making themselves dinner, Amy Denegri and her husband Fred, were enjoying some free time.

Fred usually drinks Pepsi and this time wasn't different. Except for one froggy detail. He popped open the can and took a sip. The first thing that crossed his mind was: "This soda tastes awful!"

It must have since they found the remains of an animal inside the can. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration took the can for further examination. In the released report it was confirmed that the animal was a frog.

A Pepsi spokesman stated that, "The company is aware of the FDA testing and still stands by its manufacturing process". The can originated from a plant in Orlando which "which runs about 1,250 cans a minute on the production line".

"The FDA conducted a thorough inspection of our Orlando facility and found no cause for concern. In this case, the FDA simply was unable to determine when or how the specimen entered the package", said Pepsi spokesman Jeff Dahncke.

The Denegri family claims that the animal was already inside the can when Fred opened it. As Amy says, he took it from the fridge and did what every other person would - opened it and took a sip. Still, some news reports claim that they faked the whole situation.

"That really upset us because we're not that kind of people", Amy Denegri said.

Latest articles