One Year Old Mauled To Death By Rottweiler - Comments

  • amymay

    amymay (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    76
    Location:
    United States
    What a poor baby. Thats a shame.
    I dont fully blame the dog. It's how the dogs are brought up to be. Pitbulls for example are often used in dogfights. No, its not because they are agressive, but because how strong they are. They are TAUGHT to become mean and agressive.
    Somethign has to have provoked the behaviour in the dog, because they do not snap, unless provoked, told, or raised that way.
    Its a shame. Rest in peace Archieā™„
    June 30th, 2009 at 07:05am
  • rift.

    rift. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Oh God, the poor baby, and the poor family!

    I partly agree with the idea that dogs are not to blame. ANY breed of dog could turn and injure a person, whether it is a rottweiler or a chihuahua. However, certain breeds are proven to be more naturally fierce than others. It's the same with humans, though. Some are just fierce, murderers for example. Not all rotties are angels. But they're not all mindless killers. I've known rotties treated like gods who have turned bad. It's down to mentality, I think.

    I had the same situation where my dog got in a fight and a girl put her hands between them. She got the police involved, but luckily the police spotted her squeezing the scratch on her hand to make it bleed. My dog escaped.

    The 16 year old should not have left the kids alone. Perhaps she was in the toilet or something, though? Maybe it couldn't be helped.

    But what a nightmare, man. ;c Hope the dog does not repeat this violence. A dog of mine snapped at a child once. Didn't hurt her, but we had her put down immediately. You just can't be too careful.
    June 17th, 2009 at 02:04pm
  • Isabella.

    Isabella. (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I agree with the person below me :]
    June 5th, 2009 at 02:30am
  • TristSaysStfu

    TristSaysStfu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    "Dangrous dog breeds" is a piece of shit, to everyone says that they should be wary of those types of dogs. It's not true at all. The dogs aren't born killers, they are made dangrous dogs by the way their owners treat them. That dog shouldn't be killed! It was that stupid 16 year olds fault! I'm sick of dogs being blamed for human's stupidity. A few months ago, my neighbors dog and our dog got in a fight. The stupid bitch put her hand in the middle of the fight. And no shocker there, she got bit. So she got claimed T'J (our dog) was dangrous, and she lied in court. But she won, and T.J got put to sleep, even though it was her own stupid fault. Anyway, that stupid slut was unemplyed and just wanted the money. It's sick. And a 7 year old was holding a one year old??? That's stupid. That 16 year shouldn't have let her do that. It's wrong.. don't blame the dog, blame the girl. Good article.
    July 21st, 2008 at 05:05am
  • Morticia Scarypants.

    Morticia Scarypants. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Oh my gosh...
    Thats awful...
    February 24th, 2008 at 05:00pm
  • Audrey T

    Audrey T (6730)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    How many more times does this have to happen before people wake up? This isn't the first time a rottweiler (or any kind of dog for that matter) has caused harm to a young child. I love dogs, I really do, but let's use common sense people. Seriously, those dogs are vicious and can often be harmful to adults. I would never leave a little child anywhere near a dog like that. It's so sad that another child has had to die.
    February 17th, 2008 at 01:31am
  • bewareofdogs

    bewareofdogs (1350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    And this is why I have my username.

    BEWAREOFDOGS!

    they will eat your children!
    February 12th, 2008 at 12:01am
  • Leesa.Lust_x

    Leesa.Lust_x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    wow the parents should get blamed for this. First off, in the city of new york (i dun noe if this applies to all states) it is Illegal to leave minors by themselves (under 18) or with other small infants. If the 16 yr old was there with children by herself, then i think the police should question the parents or call ACS or something.
    February 9th, 2008 at 01:27am
  • BrokenHearts

    BrokenHearts (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    poor baby...R.I.P
    I think that for some reason dogs don't like babies because this is not the first time something like this has happened.Especially with big doggies.
    January 26th, 2008 at 10:30pm
  • GreenDay4Ever

    GreenDay4Ever (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    What kind of a retarded 7 year old brings a baby near a dog? and why was the girl that was "watching them" upstairs. God they're stupid.
    January 25th, 2008 at 12:40am
  • Maddie.

    Maddie. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    How sad. Poor baby. I don't really remember it but like, 5 years ago, my mom told me I was like attacked by a pitt bull when I was like, 2. I'd never heard about that before. But when I asked what happended my mom said they sewed the owner and the dog had to be put to sleep. Poor doggie. I know, I was ranting but that story reminded me of it. Anywho I totally agree, the baby was probably pestering it. Rottweilers can be so lovable.
    January 19th, 2008 at 06:29am
  • Sani.

    Sani. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    God bless that baby.. RIP.
    January 18th, 2008 at 12:39pm
  • Cold Wind

    Cold Wind (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Man poor kid...very sad situation. RIP.
    January 12th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • BlackRoses

    BlackRoses (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Aw poor kid! R.I.P. But I absolutely hate this dumb "Dangerous Dogs Act" thing...I will admit, certain breeds are more aggressive than others..but that's only minor compared to the amount of dogs that are aggressive because they're mistreated. Like the two dogs in this story that were guarding a pub. How do you think these two dogs, watchdogs for a bar-type place, were treated! You can't blame the dogs for anything...it's always either how we treat them, or whether or not we provoke them or not. Ok...speech over.
    January 12th, 2008 at 06:38pm
  • katrina.

    katrina. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    lololol
    Stupid baby,
    January 11th, 2008 at 11:03am
  • simply_sarah

    simply_sarah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Philippines
    They shouldn't let the youngsters babysit afterall..

    But it's already happened. Make that a lesson to everyone..

    Aww..poor kid.
    January 6th, 2008 at 12:13pm
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    This made me cry.
    The poor baby.

    Rest in Peace. *sniff.
    January 5th, 2008 at 12:19pm
  • RIP_Fred.xx

    RIP_Fred.xx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This sucks. My Rottie wouldn't hurt a fly, but now i can't walk him without being told he should be destroyed.
    The media just can't leave these dogs alone!
    January 5th, 2008 at 08:19am
  • DirtyCashBaby

    DirtyCashBaby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    The poor kid!
    i feel really sorry for them. But the dog can't really deserve the blame either. =[
    Oh well. R.I.P
    January 4th, 2008 at 05:29pm
  • mer.is.a.ninja

    mer.is.a.ninja (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    awww...i dont blame the dog thou....but i still feeel really bad
    January 4th, 2008 at 04:12am