120-year-old Israeli Woman?

120-year-old Israeli Woman? Mariam Amash lost her ID, and when applying for a new one may have made it know she broke a world record.

The Israeli woman claimed to have been born 120 years ago in 1888. The current world record holder as oldest living woman is 114-year-old Edna Parker who is from Shelbyville in Indiana (USA).

Sabine Haddad is a spokesperson for the Interior Ministry of Israel. She said that Mariam Amash is in fact listed as being born in 1888.

This could very well be possible as her eldest child is in her later 80s. She was a second wife of her husband and married late. This would explain why she was slightly older than thirty when she had her child (from what I understand, this is late because within that general region in the world, you are not likely to be married after age thirty).

Her 40-year-old granddaughter-in-law said that she is healthy and is very active. According to her relative, she tries to take a walk every day and will drink one glass of olive oil as well.

She is supposed to have about 11 children, 120 grandchildren, 250 great-grandchildren, and 20 great-great-grandchildren. Because of a vast amount of relatives, she always had people around her home.

Amarilis Espinoza, a representative of Guinness World Records, said that they will need more proof before she is officially declared they oldest living woman. Amoung these are birth certificates (of her, her children, and her husband), school certificates or diplomas, medical forms, and death certificates.

Latest articles