Man Jailed for Urinating on Monument

Man Jailed for Urinating on Monument A Brittish man urinated on a treasured Latvian monument and was sentenced to five days of detention for being found guilty of the atrocious crime. He had, however, denied the charges of urinating on the Freedom Monument.

The monument was built in 1935 and is 138 feet tall (42 meters high). It was built as a symbol of resistance to foreign countries ruling the Baltic state. Among the foreign rule that was resisted was about 50 years of Soviet occupation.

People have previously been detained for acts showing a lack of respect for the monument and also fined for their actions. One act was a man wearing a kilt and said kilt was short enough to reveal his genitals at the monument.

This incident is similar to the one with Ozzy Osbourne getting banned from the Alamo, because he felt an urge to relieve himself on it. This was while he was on tour in Texas in 1982 and drunk.

That acts of Osbourne's has even been mocked at a White House Correspondence dinner, mostly by a staged photo of Dick Cheney with his back to a camera and his hands in front of him. It looked like he was urinating on the door of the Oval Office.

Latest articles