Two Cheetahs and a Sanctuary Owner

Two Cheetahs and a Sanctuary Owner Judy Berens, the owner of the Panther Ridge Conservation Center, was attacked this Saturday, by two inhabitants of the center, two male cheetahs.

While practicing an exhibition with two of the center’s male cheetahs inside an enclosure, one of the two cheetahs became distracted by a ball bouncing that was on the outside of the enclosure. By natural instinct, it went to attack the foreign object that grabbed its attention, knocking Judy over in the process.

Judy was left down and vulnerable and the cheetah took that to its advantage. The cheetah proceeded to attack Judy, using both teeth and claw to make sure the most damage was done. The other cheetahs attention was captured and his instincts drove him to begin attacking her too.

Several others of the Panther Ridge Conservation Center's employees ran to Judy's rescue, saving her from the fierce cheetahs and taking her out of the enclosure to safety.

Once she was saved, Judy Berens was airlifted to Derlay Medical Center to be treated. The Conservation Center owner suffered from about 40 puncture wounds on her back along with her extremities. After words from the doctor, it was made clear that the injuries sustained by Judy were not life-threatening and she will make a full recovery.

The cheetahs are still to remain at the Panther Ridge Conservation Center but caged and closely watched.

Latest articles