Doctors, Dead People Don't Bleed

Doctors, Dead People Don't Bleed CARACAS - Carlos Camejo from Venezuela, declared dead after a car crash, woke up in the morgue after pathologists had begun the autopsy.

According to a local newspapers El Universe report, released on Friday, 14, Camejo was declared dead and transferred to the hospital morgue after a car crash nearby Caracas. Starting the autopsy, the 33 year old Carlos began to bleed, which was the first sign to the pathologists that something was wrong. Realizing that the man was alive, they immediately stitched an incision on his face.

“I woke up because the pain was unbearable”, Carlos said.

His wife, who came to the morgue to identify him, found her beloved husband alive – sitting in the hall. There were no comments on this bizarre event coming from the hospital, claims Reuters. But Camejo proved his words by showing a facial scar and a document ordering the autopsy to the newspapers.

According to American Life League, the Venezuelan case wasn’t the first nor the last one - Helen Francoeur, an 82 year old woman was declared dead at her home. She suddenly woke up as the funeral workers came to remove her body. Dr. William J. Dean stated for The Boston Herald in 1989:

“There was no pulse. She was cool and there was no heartbeat that we could hear.... It's the first time this has happened to me in my career as a medical examiner.”

Jennifer Keough, a 15 year old Florida girl was supposed to donate her organs - 2 days later she woke up, wanting to talk to her mom.

Latest articles