A Miniature Grissom's Office for Sale

A Miniature Grissom's Office For Sale First of all, I'm not one of the CBS spokespersons. Some of you may have thought of it, slithering through these columns of mine - realizing how much I glorify that Network. No, I do not glorify the Network itself, just the crime shows. And there's a huge difference between the Network itself and what it presents to its audience. Period.

If you're feeling shriveled due to the sun, don't worry. Fallen leaves on the ground indicate autumn, the fall as in a season of year. Summer is for pressing a STOP button on your brain, summer is for not thinking. Summer is for enjoying. Now that the fall has come along with the new seasons of the best crime shows, it's time to press a PLAY button on your brain and... Prepare your grey cells for colder weather, crackling sound of leaves underneath your shoes. And maybe for some bidding.

CBS, the Network that I do not glorify that much is helping children who were or still are victims of abuse and neglect, poor children who got to see the life’s worst form at so early age. CBS teamed up with CASA - The National Court Appointed Special - a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to help abused children in foster care system. The organization wanted to extend, to spread its roots of helping to the more than half a million children. CBS has gladly offered a helping hand.

Now that you know what this is all about, now that you know that some still care, I will tell you a short story about CSI and its involvement in this charity.

Mister Gil Grissom (William Peterson) the CSI night shift supervisor and highly appreciated entomologist built a model of his own office as he was intermittently trying to understand an elusive serial killer known as Miniature Serial Killer. The office model could have been seen during the seventh season finale called “Living Doll”. The crew, being in the throes of finding the killer, finally gets closer to them. A sudden Sara’s disappearance made Grissom unveil their relationship. Enough. I’m not a plot spoiler. Back on topic.

The seventh season is over so CBS decided to auction Grissom’s model office on account of helping the abused children. The model is auctioned on eBay as we speak. The auction started on September 27 and lasts until October 7. Approximately, it values $25,000.

Seems like a very high dose of money to be spent on a toy made of wood, but I’m sure there will be a good and kind soul, willing to take $25,000 - more or less - out of pocket and hand it over to children who deserve a ray of sun in their lives.

This world is surmounted with people in need, people who need a helping hand but it’s impossible to reach out to all of them. So it is deeply appreciated to see that the network spends money on something worth mentioning, not only collecting it and stashing it - saving it for rainy days. For some people, rain never seems to stop. Help them.

Latest articles