Are People Too Close-Minded About Music? - Comments

  • Voicing your oppinion is not bashing. I do not like MCR, ok? Yes, they are an Emo band. That is not an insult. I don't like Miley Cyrus either, is she a horrible person who needs to die? No. People like the music they like, people hate the music they hate. What ever. I like some music that a lot of people aren't into, what ever, it's not a big deal. If someone says they don't like "The 4Skins" they are not attaking me. They are voicing their oppinion on a band that I happen to like, and that's fine. Now if someone goes up to me and tells me I have horrible taste in music and am a racist Nazi bastard for liking an Oi band, not a racist band, who's target audience are skinheads, I'm gonna be mad. But if they don't like my bands, their loss.
    August 26th, 2009 at 12:40am
  • I listen to seriously everything.
    August 23rd, 2009 at 01:31am
  • I don't mind anyone elses tastes in music unless they start bashing my taste. I won't say stuff like 'they can't sing.' unless other people agree with me or people start anything.
    I, myself, listen to My Chemical Romance and don't get why they are called suicidal or are attacked when other singers sing about guns, sex and drugs.
    August 19th, 2009 at 07:34pm
  • I listen to some things and I dont listen to others, its just the way things are. I get really annoyed when people say things when they find out that I like the Jonas Brothers such as, "They are so gay.." it annoys me. I dont ONLY listen to them, I have a wide range of taste and that is what makes me me. Some people like certain things whille other dont.
    Its what makes humans humans..
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:58am
  • I usually listen to everything, and anything. I have respect for people who like lets say [i]My Chemical Romance[/i] and even though they don't listen to lets say [i]Lil Wayne[/i], they don't trash talk them.

    But I have [b]no[/b] respect for those of you who judge a person for their type of music. You're too narrow minded and I just hate hanging with people who are like that. Not that I'm judging.
    August 12th, 2009 at 05:20am
  • true i agree i dont rly like pop rap cuntry and hip hop i like mcr 30stm lp green day & A7X but some insult those band it mean they dont rly respect abaut music i respect ppl hu r fan at daddy yankee miley cyrus etc.
    July 1st, 2009 at 02:16am
  • Yes, everyone is going to have their own opinions, and yes, they are going to be different from yours.

    With that being said, why does it matter if someone is bashing your favorite band or whatever?

    People have said that if you bash another band, it makes you look pathetic. I happen to see it differently. If you care so much to go around being all butthurt because someone dissed your favorite band, i think it makes you look pretty lame.

    I think people should just get over the fact that not everyone is going to respect what you happen to love, and just move on.

    the world is never going to some respectful, curteous place.
    June 25th, 2009 at 02:44am
  • I like how some of these people on here say they agree with you then go, "But this person totally sucks because..." which is exactly what you just told them they shouldn't do. Oh, jeez. I'm giggling.
    Anyways, I completely agree with your article and guess what? I love Miley and MCR.
    :D
    June 25th, 2009 at 02:08am
  • There is a lot of music I don't like- mainly rap, however, I don't like to go around to people and say "Rap fucking sucks. blah blah blah." Now, do I think Rap sucks? Hell to the Yes, but I don't agree with pushing your beliefs on others. If someone likes rap, that's great, wonderful! But I don't like it, and that is not about to change. That is my opinion, everybody else has theirs.

    It's as simple as respecting other peoples choices. Society isn't very good at that.

    Great Article(:
    May 10th, 2009 at 03:33am
  • I totally agree with this article. I have never bashed a musician. No matter whether I liked them or not, it shouldn't matter. You listen to what you want to, and let others handle what you might call 'talentless.' It's ridiculous. If you take the time to bash other people's music, it just shows how pathetic you actually are. That's one thing I don't understand...If you don't like it...DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!!
    March 31st, 2009 at 06:01am
  • I agree with you. And thank you for that title. I've been thinking for [i]months[/i] on what is the word to use concerning this thing.

    I used to bash other bands (when I was 12, I think. ._.) but I stopped doing it now 'cause now I do know how it feels, to see my favorite bands and artists getting bashed and all.

    Good article. Really. :) I love your topic. ^.^
    March 30th, 2009 at 01:34pm
  • To be honest, I don't like My Chemical Romance, not because I don't like the color black or what they sing about, I just don't like them.
    It's all perspective really, in my case my favorite band happens to be a cross between Alesana and Bless The Fall, if anyone flamed them or their fans, I wouldn't care.
    It's just immaturity, and ignorance if you ask me.
    March 24th, 2009 at 07:51am
  • I agree what you say, about how everyone has different tastes, and how many ppl put other genres, or even bands down. I personally don't like Miley, or MCR, but that's my opinion, at least I'm not the person who annoying insults, and more importantly FLAMES other ppl for liking them, or criticize other bands online like other retards do. Everyone have different tastes and that's what makes the music industry interesting, and happy for us to entertain with their music that they make and we love.
    March 4th, 2009 at 07:52pm
  • Good job for posting this! I've said bad things about music, but I really, really am trying to stop saying it. And another band that gets bashed every time they're mentioned someplace publicly: Hinder. My FAVORITE band, but I can't look at the comments for an online news article or a Youtube video of theirs without someone saying how much they think they suck. It doesn't help anyone to start a verbal battleā€¦
    February 21st, 2009 at 05:07pm
  • It's ok to have your own taste in music, and like whatever you want. But look at the facts. Miley Cyrus and MCR are talentless. Theres nothing "special" about them, little that makes them unique, etc. That's not bashing, that's constructive criticism.

    you shouldn't bash good bands because you don't like them, but bands without talent are just asking for it.
    February 8th, 2009 at 06:58pm
  • I KNOW~ It's like, on all of Miley's videos. I hate her. She dated Nick Jonas. OMG I LVOE NICK JONAS. And I'M thinking, who the flip cares about NJ, this is a Miley Cyrus vid.

    And then, on all MCR vids, their like, "Can't stand this emo -bleep-" and I'm like, come ON. Why post if you hate it?

    I like BOTH artists. Miley's adorable, My Chem Ro's awesome. Whatever.
    February 8th, 2009 at 10:36am
  • well.........yea u r telling the true some peaple have no respect and i understand wat r u saying ^^ even i dont like miley i have respect of her music and her fan some my freand dont like mcr and they have respect of them
    January 17th, 2009 at 09:32pm
  • Maybe if everyone agreed and listened to the blues, we wouldn't have these problems.
    January 15th, 2009 at 03:11am
  • That really is true. Especially at my school, there are a lot of people with who I don't bother that criticise bands such as My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy, but I am friends with one person who criticises them. I hate it how people can think that. It's a really elitist statement in my opinion, "The music you listen to is rubbish compared to mine." What about the real artists who are no where near as good as those bands. I'm not going to say anything else though, because I don't want to be criticised by My Chemical Romance haters. I hate it!
    December 20th, 2008 at 12:22pm
  • Well written. I absolutely agree with you. :]

    Also, just cause people listen to this and you listen to that, it gives you no right to bash and hurt other fans. Leave them be, they haven't done anything to you, if they did, just leave it. Rap and rock are two different genres, but the artists get along okay, why can't fans who like different genres too?
    December 2nd, 2008 at 11:52am