What Happened To Superman? There Is A New Hero On The Block!

What Happened To Superman? There Is A New Hero On The Block! Drugs and alcohol have recently taken precedent over what brings our attention to an article, be it newspaper, internet, magazine. Words such as 'sex', 'drug' and 'rehab' draw many eyes to the article but words with substance and meaning such as, 'charity' no longer hold the same attention as they used to.

Beer guzzling drug addicts, such as Amy Winehouse have recently been thrust into the media but for all the wrong and immoral reasons. Has society de-evolved so much that we now honour people without morals, without respect for their fans and themselves. Children run around wanting to drink alcohol so that they can be 'cool' like the celebrities, although in most cases it is not their fault. Children are impressionable and follow what their elders or peers do, this is called imprinting. The media of today are imprinting the minds of today's children with drugs and alcohol, holding it up like a trophy that you will win if you flush your life down the gutter.

Then there are actors such as Alan Rickman who work hard to use their publicity to promote charities, but their actions are not seen due to the over publishing of drug addicts and alcoholics. I am not saying that drinking the occasional shot of tequila or smoking the occasional 'joint' is wrong, but publishing it in public where impressionable children can view it is incorrect.

Do we really want to award these addicts with our attention; do we want to encourage them to continue down the path of self destruction? Would you rather not honour those who work hard to correct the wrongs in society, or honour those who cause those wrongs?

Latest articles