Thou Is No Longer A Time Lord

Thou Is No Longer A Time Lord David Tennant 37 prehaps best known for his role as the tenth Doctor Who in the BBC series, has taken time off from his time travelling adventures to bag a part in the Royal Shakespeare company's newest production - Hamlet - set to be in theatre's this year, in which he will be playing none other than Hamlet himself.

Hamlet, Shakespeare's great tragedy of a young man haunted by his father's ghost and driven to the edge of madness in his obsession to avenge his death, is to be directed by RSC Chief Associate Director Gregory Doran, who has directed several of the past Royal Shakespeare company performances, including 'Anthony and Cleopatra' (1974) and 'Venus and Adonis'.

But this is by no means the first time the scottish time lord has taken on a part from Shakespeare's litrerature. In 1996, he first played the role of touchstone in the play 'As You Like It', and in 2000 he was noted for his title role as Romeo, in RSC's theatre production of Romeo and Juliet.

As well as acting extensively on the stage, most recently in The Pillowman at the National Theatre, David has made his name as an actor after his appearances in TV. and films such as: Casanova, Blackpool, Bright Young Things and Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

This season he also appears as Berowne in Love's Labour's Lost with Patrick Stewart who returns to the RSC to play Claudius. This peformance is also set for release this year.

Hamlet plays at The Courtyard Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon from 24 July - 15 November 2008.

And meanwhile those of us who are desperate to see Doctor Who back on screen in December for the Christmas special with the return of the cybermen, can only hope that he isn't to bored of his most recent inter-galactic travels to give up on the tardis and return to Stratford - upon-avon's shakespeare land forever.

Latest articles