An End for our Guardians of Ga'Hoole

An End for our Guardians of Ga'Hoole If you read and keep up with the news concerning Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Laskey then you may be excited and grieved by the news that the fifteenth book of this wonderful series will be coming to an end in November and will be the very last book of the series. The book will be called "The War of the Ember" and will be the last written adventure of the Band and other owls at the Great Tree.

If you have not read Guardians of Ga’Hoole then I recommend it. The series began as a one book plan but Scholastic encouraged it to be a sixth and finally it will be a fifteen book series. The series starts out as book about Soren, a barn owl (tyto alba) who has star sight, who gets pushed out of the family nest by his own brother, Claude, as an initiation into the Pure Ones. Soren is then kidnapped and taken to St. Aggies where evil owls try to moon blink owlets. Soren then meets Gylfie, a wise elf owl (micranthene whitneyi), and goes on an adventure that will lead them to meet Twilight, a tough Great Gray (strix nebulosa), and Digger, a burrowing owl (athene cunicularia) who is philosopher at heart. They will become known as the band in this action and pack and dramatic bits in this brilliant series where they will fight the evil owls of St. Aggies, the Pure Ones, a blue hags fiend owl, and many other adventures.

For readers of this series, don’t fret, Kathryn writes other stories that are very well written and structured just as Guardians of Ga’Hoole. One series is called Camp Princess, where princesses attend a summer camp. She also writes many books for the Dear America series and My America series, which are written in diary form taking place where history has been shaped. She also writes fiction for adults which includes books such as Night Gardening, Dark Swan, and Mumbo Jumbo.

The Guardian of Ga’Hoole series will be turned into a movie that will be released in 2009 or 2010.

Source: http://www.kathrynlasky.com/index.html

Latest articles