Citizens For Our Betterment - What's Happening?

Citizens For Our Betterment - What's Happening? Recently, a string of strange events have been happening online with many musicians, mostly revolving around the record label of Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz, Decaydance.

It started when the website for Decaydance got hacked into by another strange website called “Citizens For Our Betterment”, or, “CFOB”. Since then, a series of strange and cryptic clues have been left for fans willing to figure them out. For example, there have been links to various websites containing pictures of Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance bands, like Panic at the Disco, Cobra Starship, and The Academy Is... . Fans who keep track have started to become suspicious, especially since it contains some of their favourite bands.

What started out as a “campaign” for something unknown (it’s now being said that Fall Out Boy were trying to cause suspicion for a reunion of Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship’s previous band, Midtown), is now being blown out of proportion. Plays on words are being used, and suddenly, lyrics, blog entries, and news are being analyzed for some bit of information for what has been going on.

The bands/people already involved are Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, William Beckett of The Academy Is..., Gabe Saporta of Cobra Starship, and (what is a false image as a “clue”) Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross of Panic at the Disco. Other bands/people involved, or thought to be involved are James Montgomery, Ashlee Simpson, Jason Tate, Butch Walker, Copeland, Midtown, and Shiny Toy Guns.

Significant dates/times are November 4th (U.S. Election Day), Monday and what seems to be a day counter on citizensforourbetterment.com.

Some people on the falloutboyrock.com message boards are already dubbing this event, “one of the biggest internet mysteries of my adolescence”.

As the mystery and suspicion move forward, the question is: What is this leading up to, or is this all some sort of joke?

Latest articles