Future's Bleak For Meyer's Next Novel

Future's Bleak For Meyer's Next Novel Stephanie Meyer announced yesterday on her official website, that Midnight Sun had indeed been leaked onto the internet. Having confessed to being extremely sad that someone would betray her confidence so badly, she admitted that she currently doubted she would continue with the next novel in the Saga.

"Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely."

After some brutal reviews to Breaking Dawn, which some fans said was messily written, and crammed with blatant Mormon messages, it's another dreadful blow to Meyer.

The hype that surrounds the Twilight Saga is undeniably fascinating. Even though Meyer's writing style is often commented as simplistic, her story telling skills have brought a marvelous new legend to light. Bella Swan and Edward Cullen will surely be remembered down the ages alongside Romeo and Juliet. Did Shakespeare ever suffer from people stealing his ideas? Surely he did, but in Tudor England that was probably a daily situation for writers and inventors.

After New Moon was leaked onto the internet in 2006, Meyer realised that her books were now to popular to be passed out randomly in drafts. Great caution was taken with Eclipse, and thankfully nothing was leaked. The same went for Breaking Dawn, Meyer's latest bestseller.

Meyer comments on her site that, "I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique."

Not wanting to drive more people to read the illegal posting should it never be published, Meyer has said that "to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available." It can now be found on her official website. And finally, she states that; "After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects."

Latest articles