Future's Bleak For Meyer's Next Novel - Comments

  • you're comparing the Twilight series to Romeo and Juliet??
    please, don't make me laugh.

    I think you just wrote something like that because you are a fan of the series and you like the idea of it being remembered just like Romeo and Juliet, or maybe it's just you who remembers it like Shakespeare's masterpiece, or maybe you thought that, because in the end they're both about two lovers you could just slip in how they both have a simliar status- NO. just no. Where's the logic in that?
    You COULD compare the Twilight series to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet if you really wanted, but please refrain from making up ridiculous speculations that can only ever come true in your own wonderful world of wishful thinking.
    There is a difference between making a provocative statement and making oneself look stupid by making one's own speculations out to be hard fact.
    So please try to refrain from doing that in future articles.

    apart from this, let's call it a "slip- up", good writing. You have potential.
    August 30th, 2008 at 08:19pm
  • To be completely honest, I don't think Shakespeare would have cared that much if someone copied his ideas somewhere along the line, since he himself had copied the idea of Romeo and Juliet. Sure, he wrote it, but the plot wasn't his.
    August 30th, 2008 at 07:49pm
  • NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never get to read the book!!!!!!
    August 30th, 2008 at 07:39pm
  • I don't...understand the big deal about this. Leaks happen all the time; bad reveiws happen all the time. No offense, but she sounds like she's being extremely whiney about the whole situation. I haven't read Twilight, so I don't have an opinion on her writing - I'm not saying this because I "think she sucks" or anything. I am an outside opinion who thinks that she sounds maybe a little immature with how she's dealing with this situation. Spending time with her family and working on other projects - there is honestly nothing wrong with that. I just think that she's making too much out of this leak. She strikes me as very melodramatic with all this, you know?
    August 30th, 2008 at 07:33pm
  • Mm, I think she's being melodramatic.
    I mean, I'd be just as upset if my story got leaked, but she really shouldn't go on about how she doesn't want to keep writing.
    This is a chance for her to change something. She can completeyly rewrite it and blow her fans away. And maybe she can even listen to their criticism of it.
    It's like an enormous beta reader. =)
    August 30th, 2008 at 07:23pm
  • no.

    Bella and Edward;
    very far from Romeo
    and Juliet.

    Do not compare Meyer
    to Shakespear. She is
    in no way close to his
    brillience.
    August 30th, 2008 at 07:05pm
  • She is not like Shakespeare.

    Her books are good and I for one want to see how she'll continue this. I didn't like Breaking Dawn all that much.=/

    It's sad someone leaked her book out onto the internet, must be hard for her.
    August 30th, 2008 at 06:44pm
  • And just so you guys know, the whole book is not online. only 200 and some pages of it. It stops around the time Edward delcares he get to ask the questions.

    And its just a draft, she can change it will if she wants.
    August 30th, 2008 at 06:33pm
  • That's sad, I'm not planning to read it online, I'll buy it.
    I liked Breaking Dawn to be honest, despite the blatant Mormon messages.

    But these things happen a lot.
    But Demon Apocalypse by Darren Shan was proof that things can be kept completely quiet.
    August 30th, 2008 at 06:21pm
  • Good article.
    I love the Twilight Saga!
    I agree with the one person who said that she probably leaked it herself, though..
    August 30th, 2008 at 06:01pm
  • Her characters will not be remembered like Romeo and Juliet. Harry Potter has a better chance of that, and I'm not convinced that will happen, either.

    Every writer gets critical, hateful reviews if they're worth anything. She shouldn't be taking it personally. If anything she should continue the series and surprise people, not tell them "It's making me too sad so I'm just giving up."

    Personally, I'd love it if she would stop writing the books, because they were never that great in the first place and it gives impressionable teenage girls the wrong ideas about boys. All this proves is that Twilight was even more of a self-insert fanfiction than I originally thought; Bella's a weak, pathetic girl who needs everyone to pick her up off the floor when she falls, and apparently, so does Meyer.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:43pm
  • Whoever tries to compare her to Shakespeare is obviously down a few notches in common sense.
    Shakespeare was an amazing intellectual author and playwright. She, well, she wrote about vampires, how original. How can you compare great pieces of literature to that?
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:43pm
  • Please don't compare that woman to Shakespear.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:29pm
  • Pff. Saves me buying it. In all honesty, I wasn't intending to buy it after the sham that was Breaking Dawn, so at least I can read it without having to pay now. I mean, I do feel sorry that it was leake, but I can't help thinking she should've been more careful. Wouldn't be suprised if she leaked it herself, just to boost interest after the BD-induced flagging interest.


    THANK YOU.

    Lmfao I wouldn't it if she did.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:27pm
  • Ouch.
    Wow.
    Why is everyone all 'let's hate Meyer's because Breaking Dawn wasn't what we thought it would be.' ? (I'm also talking about journals)


    You guys are writers yourselves.
    You want inspiration and constructed criticism not
    "I hate Breaking Dawn. It sucked."

    Anywho,

    I think Meyer's should spend time with her family and work on other stuff.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:16pm
  • Pfft. I have no sympathy for her. I personally think shes being alittle b!tch about the whole situation. Shit like that happens with amazing writers, I know with HP a lot was leaked ubt JKR didn't hold the books or anything.

    She needs to get over it and og back to her writing. She might run into a problem when the book comes out and people are going to be like: this is what I waited for? It sucks. Does any writer want that?

    And well, thats all. I've read the draft, its pretty good but I think she purposly did give it out so she could have extra time with her family. Her blog was just a bit cketchy on her site.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:02pm
  • Pff. Saves me buying it. In all honesty, I wasn't intending to buy it after the sham that was Breaking Dawn, so at least I can read it without having to pay now. I mean, I do feel sorry that it was leake, but I can't help thinking she should've been more careful. Wouldn't be suprised if she leaked it herself, just to boost interest after the BD-induced flagging interest.
    August 30th, 2008 at 04:02pm
  • Shame. Poor lady.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:52pm
  • Ouch indeed.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:48pm
  • ouch.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:45pm