Barker and Goldstein To Recover

Barker and Goldstein To Recover A doctor stated Sunday that both musicians should make a full recovery from the burns they suffered. The burns were a result of a plane crash that killed four other people, the plane carrying only six passengers was set to land in Van Nuys, California.

Travis suffered from second and third degree burns while Goldstein suffered from the same degrees. Travis' burns were on his torso and lower body. Goldstein's burns were on a part of his head and his arm. Neither has any other injuries from the accident. Both are in stable but critical condition.

The crash killed four other people, two of which were staff members. Pilot, Sarah Lemmon, and co-pilot, James Bland. The other two were identified as Chris "Little Chris" Baker, Travis's assistant. His security guard, Charles Still.

Even though the two are expected to make a full recovery, they could stay in the hospital for weeks.

A witness from the plane crash said that when the plane crossed the road and crashed, it was a fireball. Another stated that he saw both Goldstein and Barker trying to extinguish the flames on their bodies by ripping their clothes off.

Authorities don't know where the sparks originated from, but they found parts of the plane and rubber on the runway.

The Learjet 60 private jet was taking off from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport at 11:53 at night on Friday when it crashed.Travis and Goldstein had played together earlier that day at a free outdoor concert in Columbia's Five Points district.

Goldstein was taken to the Augusta hospital via helicopter and Barker by ground transportation, a hospital spokesperson said.. The hospital is about 75 miles south of Columbia, where the crash happened.

The weather was clear with a light wind and the plane was cleared for take off a few minutes before midnight.

The crash closed down the airport and it's remained closed into late Saturday night. Nine commercial flights were closed until 7 p.m. on Sunday listed on their website. It will not reopen until investigators are done collecting debris from the runway and crash site.

Prays and good thoughts go out to all families and the victims from both friends and fans alike.

Latest articles