American Idol Runner-Up Comes Out

American Idol Runner-Up Comes Out Do you remember, back in 2003, American Idol auditions were being held to find the next great singer, when a scrawny man with flaming red hair by the name of Clay Aiken walked into the room? Do you remember all the sexuality rumors and jokes that were made about him?

They're true. Clay Aiken has finally come out of the closet.

On the latest cover of People magazine, Aiken poses for the camera with his new infant son, Parker Foster Aiken, whom he had with friend and record producer, Jaymes Foster, with the headline: "Yes, I'm Gay". Accompanied with the quote: "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things".

The magazine has an interview with Clay, but is waiting until Wednesday to release the article to The Associated Press .

Clay, the runner up to Ruben Studdard in that 2003 American Idol season, rarely spoke about all the rumors. Aiken had an interview with The Associated Press two years ago, in which he said: "I don't really feel like I have anybody to answer to but myself and God and the people I love".

Clay has recently released his latest album, "On My Way Here", and made his Broadway appearance this spring in "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Latest articles