What! Is With Band Names These "Dayz"? - Comments

  • Band names these days need to get more creative, just as you did with the title of your article. It might be a way to attract people. It might just be because they like the name. And anyways, all the other names were taken already. And as others said, it's just a band name.
    October 5th, 2008 at 05:58pm
  • they have ridiculous names these days
    dyeing fetus
    3!OH!3
    A3
    999
    The aquabats
    arctic monkeys
    bat for lashes
    plot to bomb the panhandle
    bikini kill
    bjork
    blond red head
    the buggles
    butthole surfers
    cake
    danger is my middle name
    deaf pedestrians
    deep blue something
    elle garden
    feist
    fountains of wayne
    mindless self induglence
    ms. john soda
    NOFX
    the pink spiders
    the list goes on and on
    and on
    and on
    and on
    October 5th, 2008 at 04:17pm
  • Hah, good article, lots of good points.
    Actually, I've been gettiing more into punk music, and I've noticed that too. XD Except Rancid and NOFX, they're all 'the' bands. Like The F-Ups, The Vandals, like you said, The Sex Pistols.
    I think I like it with 'the' though, since when you come up with this REALLY crazy band name with no meaning whatsoever, it just seems like you're trying too hard.
    October 5th, 2008 at 03:09pm
  • I like the title of your article.
    It made me smile.
    October 5th, 2008 at 02:54pm
  • what about Does It Offend You, Yeah?
    (: <3

    And The Academy Is... had to change their name from The Academy because of other bands being named The Academy.
    October 5th, 2008 at 08:58am
  • The one about possession, well think "Porcelain & the Tramps."

    There aren't any tramps. Just Porcelain. O.o
    October 5th, 2008 at 08:35am
  • I think your article had a very valid point. It's true that names these days are getting stranger and weirder then ever before, but I think it's just a reaction to the growing amount of individuality that our society today encourages. I mean, even in my english class, we are urged to be 'different' and 'express ourselves' in such a way that we spread out into new and wild ideas.
    These new band names are really just explorations into being unique, and I think that it just makes it easier to distinguish one band from another. Plus, how many years have we had bands and such? Everyone wants to be unique and different, to make their mark on the world of music, it would really suck if some amazing band found that they had inexplicably stolen some older bands name, and they want compensation. Haha.

    Yours,
    SahrungSulaweyo
    October 5th, 2008 at 07:53am
  • The article was making an observation. And I wasn't passing off an opinion. I didn't think of it that way. Some people hate the Beatles, I love them, but I wasn't trying to preach about their music. It's a known fact that they're one of the biggest bands in history.

    And thanks Vivica, I meant to say Boomtown Rats but I must've made a typo. xD

    Zackt, it's my article, I have a right to say what I want to in it and I don't see what the problem with that single sentence was. It's pretty widely acknowledged that The Beatles were important.

    As I said, it's an observation. Sorry if my article didn't have enough of a point.
    October 5th, 2008 at 07:19am
  • i love band names they make me smile lol
    and think :) very creatice
    October 5th, 2008 at 05:59am
  • My favorite radio station has this game they play with listeners called 'Retired Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor...or Band We Found on Myspace?' lmao, it's getting really ridiculous.
    October 5th, 2008 at 03:04am
  • Dude...alot of those bands F'ing rock. Do you like them all?
    October 5th, 2008 at 02:39am
  • You missed "Pink Floyd" when talking about classic bands
    October 5th, 2008 at 01:01am
  • Hey, we're talking about an age where a guy named [i]Little Jimmy Urine[/i] runs around on a stage all night shouting about dicks and anal sex. Weird names in music nowadays are just how everyone rolls.
    October 5th, 2008 at 12:33am
  • Great article!
    (i'm not sure why though)

    I personally love the strange Names, also My favi band is a "The" Band (The used)
    I do like bands with more intersetingnames like
    Madina Lake
    Coldplay
    Hawthorne Hieghts -

    Just to name a few..anyway,. nicely done!
    October 5th, 2008 at 12:04am
  • I enjoyed this article - It really did make me smile.

    I don't really think of names much but me and my friends tend to stick to something that means something to us. Such as the name of my virtual band is 'Thank you Mr Reflective man' was purely because of something that happened between me and my friends prior to it. Band names are like a little joke between the members in a sense. Some jokes being more obvious than others.....
    October 4th, 2008 at 10:56pm
  • Oh this is so relevant to my day that it's not even funny. Me and my new band had to come up with a new name today and we totally had this conversation!

    Really well written article, some nice points and a really clever headline =D Well done.
    October 4th, 2008 at 10:52pm
  • Well written article, Great headline, that really caught my attention!
    October 4th, 2008 at 07:06pm
  • Nice article, but I do agree with what some of the people were saying. It doesn't really make a point, but bands seem to make up weird names. Hmm, was that the point?

    But still, it doesn't really matter. I made up the name "Bulletproof" for a guy's band in my school. I'm wondering if it's good or not.
    October 4th, 2008 at 07:01pm
  • "The largest, most successful and influential band in music history, after all, shared a name with an insect."

    That annoyed me big time. Please don't pass off opinions as facts. According to my dad, the Beatles were an annoying band that were bigger than they deserved, and he grew up when they were starting and playing. Not the aftermath that everyone is basking in lately. Stating this sentence is like saying some people's (like my dad's) opinions aren't accounted for.

    To add in my two cents about the article, it was very well written. But I also agree with Rosalia and Chrissers: it's just band names. Who really cares?
    October 4th, 2008 at 06:59pm
  • Really well written article.

    The only thing I wanna point out:
    "Boomtown Rates" isn't the right name. They were the Boomtown Rats. Like the evil little mice-things.
    October 4th, 2008 at 06:56pm