Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Tim Burton is set to release the movie Alice In Wonderland, based on the children’s novels Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass & What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll, in 2010.

Tim, who is also known for his more famous works such as Beetlejuice and The Nightmare Before Christmas, is directing and producing the film alongside Richard D. Zanuck, Joe Roth, Jennifer & Suzanne Todd and screenplay writer Linda Woolverton. He signed with Walt Disney Pictures to direst the 3-D movie in 2007.

In an interview, he said: “It's just such a classic, and the imagery is so surreal. I don't know; I've never seen a version where I feel like they got it all. It's a series of weird adventures, and to try to do it where it works as a movie will be interesting." He also joked that it was like ‘drugs for children’.

The cast for the movie includes Mia Wasikowska as Alice, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts, Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and Eleanor Tomlinson as Fiona Chataway, an unfriendly girl Alice knows before she falls down the rabbit hole. Michael Sheen and Christopher Lee, whose roles have not been named, also star in the film.

The film was due to be released in 2009 but was the date was pushed to March 19, 2010.

Latest articles