Gidget Gein Dead At 39

Gidget Gein Dead At 39 Ex Marilyn Manson bassist, Gidget Gein, passed away. He was found dead on Thursday in his home in Burbank, California. The death was apparently an accidental death caused by an overdose on drugs. An autopsy was scheduled for October 13th in the afternoon.

Gidget Gein, born as Bradley Stewart, had recently finished rehab. His stage name was formed by taking a television character's first name and Ed Gein's (a notorious American serial killer) last.

He played with Marilyn Manson from 1989-1993, being fired from the band because of his drug problems, he was replaced by Twiggy Ramirez. When he was fired in 1993, he received the news via a Federal Express message that had been delivered to his hospital bed. Gein had overdosed and was recovering, the letter explained that "his services were no longer need."

"My entire message and everything I'd begun striving to be as a person ran in direct opposition to Brad," his ex-band mate wrote. "I wanted to be strong and independent, to think for myself and help other people think for themselves." The lead singer from Marilyn Manson wrote in his autobiography published in 1998 under the title of 'The Long Road Out of Hell.'

After the overdose and being fired from the band, he formed a band with himself a few friends called Gidget Gein & The Dali Gaggers.

"he had just got a book deal, was recording a record with the guy who produced the first Jane's Addiction record and just landed a solo [art] show at La Luz de Jesus that he had wanted for years." His long time friend, Lenora Claire told Weekly newspaper.

"That totally sucks. But lessons [sic] should be learned from this. He lost a great gig due to drugs and now he's lost his life. R.I.P." Another ex band mate said about Gein's passing.

All condolences go out to his friends and family.

Latest articles