Amy Lee to Release Solo Album

Amy Lee to Release Solo Album You probably know Amy Lee Hartzler, better known as just Amy Lee, as the lead singer of the alternative rock band Evanescence. However, in an interview with Spin.com in October 2008, Amy had stated that she plans to release a solo album.

Amy has said that the new album will have folk and Celtic influences. She has been writing by herself at home and has enjoyed the experience. "I'd really like to do something different next. [The new songs] are definitely different". she explained. "I need to show that I'm more than a one trick pony." Also, Amy claims that not all of the songs are sad, and definitely nothing she would categorize as Evanescence.

Evanescence has not broken up and Amy Lee is still their lead singer. However, the band is currently on a hiatus as they try to find a new guitarist and drummer to replace John LeCompt and Rocky Gray and of course, as Amy works on her solo project.

No one is sure of how the new album will sound, but you can get a peek of Amy Lee as a solo artist by listening to her cover of "Sally's Song", on the Nightmare Revisited album of songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas, the1993 Tim Burton film.

Latest articles