Russell Brand Resigns Over BBC Row

Russell Brand Resigns Over BBC Row It wasn’t long ago that comedian Russell Brand recorded some ‘inappropriate’ messages on actor Andrew Sach’s answer phone. The main problem with the messages was the intimate content of them regarding Andrew’s grand daughter Georgina.

However it wasn’t Russell who made the original comment, he simply mentioned her. It was Jonathan Ross who said in the first place ‘he fucked your grand daughter.’ Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross did apologize to Andrew there and then for the comment. However they then took it too far and they did realize that factor.

They apologized to the BBC on their ‘joke that went drastically wrong,’ before Russell Brand resigned on Wednesday, after the complaints went up to 18,000 in three days. How many of those people who complained were actually offended? How many were simply jumping on the band wagon?

Russell then went on to explain why he quit the BBC claiming that he ‘did the show to make people happy,’ and how because he was now making people unhappy he thought it was best that he did indeed resign, before thanking the BBC for giving him a contract in the first place.

The media should have left the case there and then, however they were reported to be surrounding Brand’s house last night after learning he was holding a Halloween party. Russell’s friend Jimmy Carr said, ‘it seems to be a lot of fuss about nothing.’

However the argument that Ross’ case ended in the BBC suspending Ross for 3 months without pay, resulting in Ross losing over 1 million. Would he be that bothered when he’s one of the most famous comedians? Would he be that bothered because after all he does have a show one Channel 4 just like Brand does. However it appears that he will learn his lesson that he did ‘cross the line,’ as reporters put it.

Do you think it was fair for one to be forced to resign and one to be suspended? Do you think that most of those complained were jumping on the bandwagon? There are more comedians out there that get away with thing far worse than this. So what’s the problem with the public? Can’t they see it was a joke that went just a little bit too far? How could one misjudged moment in a radio studio lead to so much fuss?

Latest articles