The BBC in Trouble Once Again

The BBC in Trouble Once Again The BBC is in trouble, once again for offensive comments, this time made by Top Gear Presenter Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarkson made jokes, which was before the watershed, about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes, on Sunday nights opening programme of the series on BBC Two. While completing a task for the popular car show he said "This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

The comment caused around 200 complaints to be made to Ofcom, the broadcasting watchdog. A spokesman has said, "The complaints will be assessed against the broadcasting code."

Jeremy Clarkson has always been one of outspoken views and normally always says what he thinks, and has on more than one occasion been in trouble for doing so. However, after recent events surrounding Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross, should he have been more careful?

Or was it the BBC's fault for once again airing content that was ultimately seen as unsuitable? Or are the media making it into something that it shouldn't have to be, just to cause more trouble?

Either way it's safe to say that the BBC isn't having a good time of it at the moment and if it carries on like this who knows what might happen next.

Latest articles