Music: Quenches the Emotional Pain?

Music: Quenches the Emotional Pain? Music is a beautiful art that is created with sound, instruments, and often vocals. It is a career than many have chosen, and it is also one of the most important things many peoples lives. Some claim that music saved their life ad their souls, when others claim that music has made their lives horrible. But the question is, does music help us ease our emotional pain?

Have you ever had a time, when you were just so sad, pissed, or angry, and you just stormed into your room and turned on the music, singing along every word, or just screaming so loud? Or getting so mad, that you started to listen to your music full blast, and it’s the only thing that can calm you? When you break up with a loved one, do you listen to heartbreak songs? Music is a way that we can get our point of view out, and just show that we’re not all perfect, and there’s someone out there who cares. Music is a beautiful way to show who you are, and what you like.

But the question is also, does it really lower the emotional pain that you might be feeling inside? Or is it just an illusion, that music will soften you up, and you just tell yourself, music is going to make me feel better, so you feel better yourself?

I for one, whenever I get mad, I’m always listening to music. It’s come to the point that if I don’t listen to music when I get mad, or pissed, or sad, that I’ll start breaking out even more. Music calms my soul, but could this just be an illusion.

Let’s just use me for an example for a second, say I broke up with a boyfriend, and no music was available – what would I do? I would probably be really sad, and if there were people around, it wouldn’t take much for me to start pissing off at them. The same situation, but with music – what would I do? I would probably turn on a song like ‘Love is a Lie’ or ‘Harder Than You Know’.

But now, let’s say there’s a person who doesn’t listen to music much, it isn’t a huge part in their life, and they broke up with their boyfriend. If they had no music – what would they do? They would probably do the same thing I would do, pissing off at people easily. If they had music – what would they do? Probably the same thing, and shut the racket off.

A person who loves music, it’s a huge part in their life, is music going to quench the emotional pain for them? And for people which music isn’t a huge part of their lives, will it not help? Is it different for everyone? Or is it just an illusion, or is it true? That’s for you to decide.

Latest articles