Blink 182 Reunion A Possibility

Blink 182 Reunion A Possibility Currently a member of the band Plus 44 and ex-Blink 182 vocalist/bassist, Mark Hoppus spoke out at the mtvU Woodie Awards about Blink 182 at about his wounded ex-band mate who had been in a plane crash (September 19th) several weeks before the awards show occurred.

Since the seemingly indefinite hiatus of the band that was announced in February of 2005, the guys have started talking to each other; Mark told about the times in a blog on his official site. Which this ultimately boils down to a question that is probably on everyone's minds; is Blink 182 going to reunite?

"In the midst of everything else that has happened lately, Tom, Travis and I have all spoken together," Hoppus wrote on his official site, HiMyNameIsMark.com. "First, through a number of phone calls, and then a couple of weeks ago we all hung out for a few hours. They've all been great, very positive conversations. We're just reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. It's a good thing. Obviously the first question for a lot of people will be, 'Does this mean a Blink-182 reunion?' The answer is none of us know. We haven't talked about it at all. Right now it's just good for the three of us to see one another, reconnect and let the past be the past. The events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. Life is too short."

For the first few weeks after the plane crash Travis had been in, his ex band mates were completely silent until Tom was the first to speak out and say that his opinion shouldn't matter but he hoped for the best for friend.

During an interview with MTV, Mark was asked about when the next time the fans of Plus 44 could expect a new album and responded with "Hopefully, in the next couple months we'll see [Barker] behind the kit, I pray. No matter what I work on, Travis will be part of, for sure."

The post on his site wasn't entirely based on Blink 182 or Travis, but it had the mention of Chris Baker and Charles Still, two friends of the band that died in the crash in mid-September.

"These past two months have been the hardest times that I can remember, and I hope that we never see anything like this ever again," he wrote. "Even two months later, I still can't believe what happened, and it's too much to talk about. But let me say that I think about Little Chris every single day, and the world is not the same without him. He is one of the best people I've ever known. We traveled the world together, spending countless hours on buses and planes, in hotel lobbies and dressing rooms. ... I'm so sad that he is not here right now. There are just no words."

Latest articles