Amy Winehouse In Hospital

Amy Winehouse In Hospital On Tuesday, famous solo artist Amy Winehouse's representative reported that she had been admitted to a hospital because of an allergic reaction. The reaction was said to be due to some medication she had been taking recently.

The Sunday before her hospitalization was reported, she was sent to the London Clinic. The medication had apparently made her ill and her doctors asked for her to be brought in so they could investigate why.

Chris Goodman (her spokesperson) wouldn't discuss what the meds were that Amy took, but instead said it was apparently part of her ongoing treatment.

Last Monday, Amy's husband Blake Fielder-Civil lost his case opposing the court's decision for his 27 month jail sentence for assault and perversion. Earlier in the month he had been moved from prison to a drug rehabilitation center.

In many recent years, she has been struggling with addictions to several substances including heroin and alcohol. Despite the addiction she won five Grammy Awards earlier this year. Three for a hit song "Rehab", Best New Artist and Album Of The Year. Arguably her biggest hit, Rehab is a song that shows how reluctant she is to enter any sort of rehabilitation for her addictions.

It wasn't clear on Tuesday if she had been discharged or not.

Latest articles