Hayley Hicks: The Female Equivalent to Harry Potter?

Hayley Hicks- The Female Equivalent to Harry Potter? Hayley Hicks is the main character in a series of six fantasy books (books 1-3, “The Lightyears and books 4-6 “The Darkyears”), which are currently being written by Jos Carlyle.

The books follow their heroine, Hayley hicks, as she travels around the world and beyond it in her effort to save the planet from destruction.

It all sounds a little cliché, doesn't it?

Well, believe me, it's not.

The up-and-coming English author Jos Carlyle, has, with this series, taken what could have been another run-of-the-mill sci-fi novel and given it a new and fresh twist.
After reading the opening chapters of book one, I was immediately taken in- the plot grabbed me and I just wanted more and more. The charcters are totally believable, and the style of writing is perfect, doing what I feel every good book should-making you feel as if you are actually there witnessing it.

Of course, don't take my word for it, read the opening chapters yourself and be catapulted into a world of fantasy and suspense that will leave you wanting more.

But- here's a warning: reading the opening chapters of Hayley Hicks series might leave you feeling as frustrated as it did me, because, sadly, so far, those first few chapters are all we have of the Hayley Hicks series!

The series has not been published yet, and here, my fellow mibba users, is where you can get involved.

The following is an e-mail I received from Jos Carlyle, especially for the mibba community. In it, Jos tells you about ways in which you can get involved and help this fantastic series get published.

Hello mibba,

I’m Jos Carlyle and I’ve recently finished my first novel Hayley Hicks and the Island of Gods; the first in a series of six fantasy novels about Hayley Hicks and her adventures.

It seems that, in today’s competitive climate, getting work published is harder than ever. So in order to stack the odds in my favour I’ve spent the last few months gathering feedback on Hayley Hicks from people all over the world.

The ways in which I’ve done this are by showcasing my opening chapters on the Hayley Hicks website (www.hayleyhicks.com), launching Hayley’s Journal on Bebo, MySpace and Facebook, and introducing Hayley Hicks into schools by way of English writing workshops.

My goal was to garner 1000 Hayley Hicks fans before I presented her to publishers.

Last month, with almost 500 comments through the website, almost 500 friends on the networking sites, and having visited over 500 children in primary and secondary schools, I reached and surpassed that goal. So now I’m ready to make my pitch. I don’t know yet whether my efforts will be enough to secure me a publishing deal, but at least I know I’ve done all that I can do to prove Hayley’s worth, and my own dedication, to the world.

Of course it doesn’t stop there. Until the publishers do recognize that worth and dedication, I’ll keep on gathering feedback and garnering fans as best as I’m able to. Which is why I was delighted to be invited by Ashling Flanagan to introduce myself to Mibba.

At this point I could happily wax lyrical about Hayley Hicks and how great she is, however I’m more than a little biased. So instead I’d like to ask Ashling, a member of Mibba, to share her thoughts on Hayley with you.

Then, if you’d like to find out more, have your say and become part of the immensely positive energy that supports Hayley, you’re all very welcome to do so :-)

With love and best wishes,
Jos


The Hayley Hicks Series by Jos Carlyle

Read the opening chapters of Book One: Hayley Hicks and the Island of Gods at http://www.hayleyhicks.com

Leave your comments on the Hayley Hicks website (http://www.hayleyhicks.com)
Or on Bebo (http://www.bebo.com/hayley_hicks)
Or on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/hayleyhicks)
Or on Facebook (search Facebook for Hayley Hicks)

Latest articles