DJ AM Suing With Travis Barker

DJ AM Suing With Travis Barker On December 23, DJ AM filed a suit against several defendants. The month before Travis Barker had done the same thing. The plane crash that occurred on September 19, 2008, killed four others and injured Travis and DJ.

The law suit DJ made to the Los Angeles Superior Court stated that the pilot and co-pilot (whose lives were also lost) should have known to continue the take off instead of aborting it. The abortion resulted in the plane landing in an embankment and flames engulfing the plane in seconds.

TMZ managed to get a copy of the suit and according to them, the suit said exactly: "Rather than proceed to takeoff, they decided to abort and/or reject the takeoff in a negligent manner."

"The pilots were either poorly trained and/or failed to follow their training," the suit also alleges, a report from People.com said.

Another reason stated on the claim is that the plane was "defective, not fit for its intended purposes and unreasonably dangerous."

The aborted take off was the cause of the plane overshooting the runway, crossing a highway and finally landing in an embankment. The plane shot up in flames and the lives of Chris Baker (Travis' personal assistant), Chris "Che" Still (Travis' bodyguard), the pilot and the co-pilot.

DJ's suit named the estates of the two pilots, as well as Clay Lacy Aviation, Global Exec Aviation, Inter Travel & Services Inc., Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. and Learjet. Chris Baker's widow also filed a similar suit against the a near same defendant list.

TMZ reported that DJ is suing for pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damage, any medical bills, and punitive damage. Still's mother also filed a suit close to DJ's and in neither were the pilots estates named as defendants.

Latest articles