Taylor Lautner Stays On For New Moon!

Taylor Lautner Stays On For New Moon! News spread like wildfire last week that Summit Entertainment was considering dropping Taylor because his looks. Melissa Rosenburg, screenwriter for both films explained that "He's a foot taller and huge – and he's supposed to look 25. It's really a question of whether or not the same actor can play the role".

Casting for Jacob has already been disputed amongst fans, but the news hit hard for those who welcomed Taylor into the cast.

Jacob's transformation from gangly 16-year-old to a weapon of mass-vampire-destruction is a key part of the plot of New Moon, something nobody can really dispute, so it looked like Taylor was on his way out. Favourite to replace him, Michael Copon, 26, seemed right for the role.

But news flash!

Lautner has been working out.

In apprehension of New Moon, the star apparently began training straight after quitting work on Twilight. Now, having successfully gained 26 pounds of muscle, he's set to stay on for the next film. "I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer", was Chris Weitz's comment as director of New Moon.

In a recent interview with Access Hollywood, Lautner did not only reveal his, shall we say, 'gorgeous' new limbs, but an astounding six-pack as well; "I knew it was a necessity to the character", Taylor explains, "I started working out the day I finished working on Twilight".

Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson has a lot to live up to.

Link to 'Access Hollywood' video.

Latest articles