Escape The Fate Hit The UK

Escape The Fate Hit The UK It seems like it's been forever since Escape The Fate originally announced that they would be touring the UK. The first was when they claimed their spot as a support act on International Taste Of Chaos Tour '07. But then Ronnie got put on probation.

The second was six months ago. Hopes were stacked high once again as (now along with a steady vocalist and an Australian tour tucked under their belts) ETF joined up to The Blackout's Sleep All Day Party All Night tour. But then their American tour alongside Silverstein overlapped.

Now, two years down the line, they're finally making it up to their fans.

January '09 sees the start of ETF's first ever headlining UK tour. Starting in Portsmouth and finishing up in London, the band are hitting 8 venues across the country, and paying back for those years of support that fans had started to feel were ignored. With two venues already sold out - and the rest not far behind - it's clear that it's going to be a force to be reckoned with, and that ETF have some high expectations to live up to. But will it all be too late?

With many of their fans still wholeheartedly willing for the old ETF style, and favouring their first album much higher than the new, the tour may not go as smoothly as they had hoped for. This is especially felt amongst those older fans who feel they will never get a real taste of the band they fell in love with so many years ago. On the flip-side, most fans are just excited that they're finally sticking to their guns and making it over seas, ignoring the now worn out Craig VS Ronnie war and being satisfied with what an opportunity they have.

The tour is a quick fire week, starting the 21st of January and finishing up on the 28th, with support from Glamor Of The Kill and All Forgotten. The band will then be heading straight back to the states, for the start of This War Is Ours tour in California on the 5th February. They are also scheduled to play European Give It A Name and Warped Tour later this year.

21 Jan - Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth
22 Jan - Upstairs at The Academy Oxford
23 Jan - Anson Rooms Bristol
24 Jan - Club Academy Manchester (sold out)
25 Jan - Garage Glasgow
26 Jan - Cockpit Leeds
27 Jan - Academy 2 Birmingham
28 Jan - Islington Academy London (sold out)

Escape The Fate are one of those bands who have had many a controversial debate surrounding them over the past year, and who probably always will. But here's hoping that as they break out worldwide, it can finally be put behind them, at least for a moment. It's time that they got down to what they've always done best - and that is to show their true appreciation to their fans.

Latest articles