Miley Cyrus Criticized for Offensive Asian Pose

Miley Cyrus Criticized for Offensive Asian Pose Miley Cyrus (daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus) is a sixteen-year-old Disney TV star (Hannah Montana) and pop star that has become steadily popular among teens the past few years but not without controversy.

In 2008, Miley caused a bit of controversy when she appeared on the Vogue baring her shoulders in an outfit that made her appear to only have a bed cloth around her. Her thoughts being it was art, critics claimed she should be ashamed at the 'dirty and vulgar' photograph. Miley then apologize to her fans.

Later that year she was criticized for personal pictures of her in her underwear.

Now critics and the OCA, a group dedicated to help Asian Pacific Americans in social, economic, and political situations, are demanding an apology from the pop star for a 'offensive gesture to the Asian Pacific Americans'.

Miley was with her boyfriend and friends, one including a friend that was Asian when a picture of the group pulling their eyes in slants. The OCA said it was offensive and encourages fans to mock Asian decent. They are also pressuring Miley to apologize to her fans of Asian decent.

Representatives for Miley have not returned any calls for comments or answers.

Latest articles