Give It A Name '09

Give It A Name '09 This week the line-up for the prestigious Give It A Name Festival was confirmed for the UK, with headlining slots from Taking Back Sunday and Enter Shikari, as the tour heads towards it's fifth year of success. This comes despite the rumours and speculations that GIAN would not be hosted in England this year, but fans are happy to see it return with some of their favourite bands (both old and new to the festival) on the bill.

Critics have claimed that the rumours on GIAN not happening in '09, were simply due to previous low ticket sales, making the suprise tour to be some form of publicity stunt. This is arguably true, when considering the progressively smaller venues that the tour has been hosted at since it's beginning in '05. However with a line-up as strong as this years, there is little doubt that the tickets sales will be pushed back up.

This year the two dates will be covering Manchester and London, starting off in Brixton on 17th of April and finishing up in both cities on the 19th. Over three days, both Brixton and Manchester Academy will be seeing fourteen bands walk through their doors and put on shows to thousands of fans, both of which are certain to be memorable ones.

The two set line-ups and specific dates are as follows.

Brixton Academy - Sunday 19th / Manchester Academy - Saturday 18th.
Taking Back Sunday
Underoath
Thursday
Escape The Fate
Innerpartysystem
Versaemerge
Whole Wheat Bread

Brixton Academy - Friday 17th / Manchester Academy - Sunday 19th.
Enter Shikari
The Blackout
The Academy Is
The King Blues
Emery
Lights
In This Moment

Tickets go on sale on Friday 6th of February at 9am and all venues are expected to sell out quickly. No matter whether you're new to the festival, or a veteran of it all, this years line-up is certain to make GIAN one of your must see gigs of 2009.

Latest articles