Chris Brown Arrested For Alleged Rihanna Assault

Chris Brown Arrested For Alleged Rihanna Assault A night that was meant to be a happy and fun one went horribly wrong. Grammy night turned bad for the couple of Chris Brown and Rihanna. The two were headed home from Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy bash when things went wrong. The couple got into an argument and him and Rihanna got out of the car where the fight escalated.

Brown turned himself in at LAPD’s Wilshire station at 6:30p.m. That was the time Brown was scheduled to perform at the Grammy’s. Brown was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats. This is a charge that carries a maximum penalty of four years. The case will now be sent to the district attorney’s office where further charges could be filed. Brown was released from jail after paying a $50,000 bail.

Even though Brown appeared uninjured Rihanna, the alleged victim, suffered noticeable injuries. Rihanna was admitted to the hospital that same night. She had also decided to not go through her performances she was scheduled for. Brown did the same thing with his perfomance. Despite being admitted to the hospital her publicist says that she is fine and doing well.

Both Brown and Rihanna were nominated for the Pop Collaboration With Vocals award. Neither Rihanna nor Brown won any awards that night.

Latest articles