Guinness World Record Holder Loses Ranking

Guinness World Record Holder Loses Ranking Many people have gawked over the record-setting nails of Utah woman Lee Redmond. With nails were all longer than 72 centimeters long, Redmond certainly was a sight.

Several days ago, this holder of a Guinness World Record lost her ranking of "World's Longest Nails" in a car accident. Redmond was taken to the hospital with injuries that were serious, but not life threatening. Unfortunately, her nails, which haven't been been cut since 1979, were broken in the four-car pileup. Before the accident, her nails reached a total of over 28 feet long, as measured in February of last year.

It is currently unknown to the general public just how short Redmond's nails are now, or how many, if not all are broken, along with Redmond's feelings on the incident. It can be presumed that she is upset, for she has turned down offers of over $100,000, but she could not bring herself to part with her nails, which could touch the floor when she stood. However, Redmond has also admitted that in the past she has considered cutting her nails, but the day was always pushed forward a week.

More information is awaited as the former record-holder recovers from the accident.

Latest articles