The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas I love the stop motion movie Nightmare Before Christmas, it tells the story of Jack Skellington, and the other beings in Halloween town. Every town has its own feast, and every single year Jack is arranging a scary Halloween celebration. But he is growing more and more bored with Halloween after each year. And one day when Jack went for a walk, he accidentally found the gate to Christmas town. Jack got very inspired, by what he saw, and when he got back, he made plans for making Christmas in Halloween town. But it all didn't went as well as Jack thought it would.

Tim used a lot of imagination as he always does while writing scripts, and what only began as a poem, written by Tim back in the 80's, was in the year of 1993, after 2 years of working, a full length fantasy movie. Tim and Henry Selick (the director of the movie) had created something amazing. 97% of the critics liked the movie, and it recently ranked number one on Rotten Tomatoes Top 25 Best Christmas Movies. The movie, which became incredible popular and was appreciated by a lot of people, was well known by everyone at that time.

Some few years later, the major character Jack Skellington, became a "fashion icon" for kids and teenagers. Clothes and ornament, could be found in stores and on websites all over the world. I've seen a lot of alternative kids who wears Jack Skellington clothes, necklaces, earrings etcetera. And then I wonder, has this kid actually heard of this movie called Nightmare Before Christmas? It's a cool skellington figure on it, but in my opinion people should know what they are wearing. Because, in my eyes, it's almost like wearing an I love "Bambi" without knowing anything about the movie.

So I actually asked a person who had a T-shirt with Jack on it if she had seen the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, and she said that she never had heard of it. I've seen lots of people in my school who wears earrings, necklaces and so on. And I keep wondering, do they even know the name of the skeleton is Jack?

It's quite strange how a character in a movie can actually grow even more famous than the film. So, what do you think? Is it right to wear characters you really do know nothing about?

Latest articles